586,103 active members*
3,349 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Any plans for Sun Room?

I am planning to build a Sun/Florida room onto the back of my house.

I was thinking of a combination frame, anodized Tslot and triple pane glass. Use my cnc router to personalize the woodwork.

I am looks for sources for insulated glass and gaskets.

Has anyone done this or seen any plans? Any suggestions?

Bill

the glass that is isolated uses a gas between the panes. so you would have to get the gaskets/vaccume the air and fill it with the inert gas. cheaper to just buy the glass.

DO NOT USE TRIPLE PANE, I own a glass shop and triple pane insulated glass is no good as the center pane heats up and causes leakage of thermal gas(fogged windows) plus I doubt if you could find triple pane I.G.s. typical thickness of an I.G. unit as they are called is 5/8, you can get the gasket from a local glass shop as for t slotted aluminum it really doesn,t look like its designed to hold glass . Normally what you should buy is store front aluminum ( this is usually what they will make a sunroom out of) theres is usually a bottom channel with a snap cap. You could order this from a local glass shop ( the store front metal suppliers only sell to glass shops same with the gasket supplier)