586,103 active members*
3,382 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > OpenSource CNC Design Center > Open Source Controller Boards > linistepper with toshiba mp4104 transistor array

Smile linistepper with toshiba mp4104 transistor array

i have some toshiba mp4104 modules (4 transistor array), and i wish use them in place of tip 122 in the linistepper driver ,any ideas plz help..

Yes you can use , What is the Control Voltage and Current you are applying ?

the current and voltage are maximum that the mp4104 can deliver, by the way i have tested it (i've removed the 4 tip122 & replace theme with one mp4104 following the datasheet but nothing happens) i thing that the broblem was the 4 bc337 were not delevering enought power to switch on the mp4104 , i trayed hooking it directly to the pic i/o & it worked perfectly but no microstepping ,,,is there a solution for doing that with microstepping (i'm not experienced in electronics) & what pieces will i change to do it,,,
    thanks a lot for replying

Roman would know better, than I because I am not an analog electronics person, but I don't believe the microstepping will ever work as expected with those transistors because they do not have the same response curve as the TIP122. You can see this in the datasheets:

http://www.fairchildsemi.com/ds/TI/TIP122.pdf

http://www.semicon.toshiba.co.jp/inf...type=datasheet

The curves are very different, and the Linistepper code and D2A converters are designed for the TIP-122.

What is your actual goal and perhaps we can provide you with a better solution?
    James hosts the single best wiki page about steppers for CNC hobbyists on the net:
    http://www.piclist.com/techref/io/steppers.htm Disagree? Tell him what's missing! ,o)

thanks james for replying, my purpose is to design a microstepping driver based on the mp4104 ,i wish i can find some solutions (i'm not expert in electronics) ,i'm sure it can be done with some modifications in electronics components.