586,103 active members*
3,799 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Limit/Home wiring and how slow is slow?

Limit/Home wiring and how slow is slow?

Ok so now I've got almost everything wired. Only things left are the limit/home switches. As I understand it, it is preferred to use the NC circuit for the limits and the 3 NO circuits on the Negative side of the Axis as the home. So I've got all the wires coming back to the BOB (Longs Chinese Special) and need to make the connections.

On 15 I've got the Estop. 13 X Axis Limits NC, 12 Y Axis NC, 11 Z Axis NC, All Home wires go to 10 NO. And then just assign in Mach3 to match. Does this sound right?

Also, is the Jog speed approximately the same as max travel (Rapid?) speed of the Axis? Or is Mach 3 just protecting me from Jogging into the hard stops by keeping things slow?

Your wiring sounds fine. One thing you may want to think about is putting all your limits on one input. Mach 3 doesn't really care what one is triggered and it frees up 2 inputs on your bob.
    For your Jog speed are you talking while homing or normal jogging? If normal jogging press tab on your keyboard and see what % your speed is set to.

Quote Originally Posted by vtx1029 View Post
    Your wiring sounds fine. One thing you may want to think about is putting all your limits on one input. Mach 3 doesn't really care what one is triggered and it frees up 2 inputs on your bob.
    For your Jog speed are you talking while homing or normal jogging? If normal jogging press tab on your keyboard and see what % your speed is set to.
    Cool, good info. Normal Jogging. Thanks. I'll report back when I get home and get to monkey with it some more. Thanks again.