586,852 active members*
2,200 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Tree Machine is indeed out of business, but some former employees bought their inventory and are also buying current inventory from some of Tree's suppliers. They are very knowledgable and fair in pricing( so far) ,"Three S @ 414 570 9530 ( Their invoices indicate Wisconsin ) .Tree manufactured some very good , Stout,American Iron.They are credited with one of the 1st 2 axes CNC machine in the late 70's, but fell behind in the 90's due to control problems.Too bad, another good American machine tool company bites the dust.

Thanks for the tip on 3S - I just called them for info, and they have a website at http://www.3sincorporated.com. They said that they do spindle rebuilds, have a pile of parts and even have prints for a number of items should they ever run out of stock on something. Prices seem decent as well - Ellison quoted $230 for the spindle nose ring, while 3S wants only $175.

I asked Paul G. if we could get a forum dedicated to Tree mills, and he obliged us: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=308

Quote Originally Posted by Adobe Machine View Post
    ...They are credited with one of the 1st 2 axes CNC machine in the late 70's, but fell behind in the 90's due to control problems...
    Boston Digital was doing 3-axis contouring CNC machines in the early 70's, if not before that (company started in 1965). Of course, they were high-end machines.

Tree information

I have sarched for information on these mills before I bought one, and it was just not available and since the company is not supporting them, here is what I have to share, if you want other pdf of manuals [email protected]
    Attached Files Attached Files