586,123 active members*
3,454 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Good technical laser service - a recommendation

I bought a cheap machine back in January and have had a very hard time getting the system set up. After multiple rounds with the vendor (who I won't bash here), I was in a bad position of not understanding enough about my machine to make it work well. I was losing time and opportunity with getting my products out to customers.

I stumbled across a company that sells their own lasers but also does consulting for guys like me that made that first time purchase mistake. The company is Rabbit Laser and it's run by Ray Scott. Ray and I started talking about the situation I was in and the best way to remedy it. I was expecting a hard sell for one of his lasers but what he offered instead was to help fix the areas he could and give advice on all areas of the laser machine I purchased. We worked out a day of consulting to educate me on how to focus my laser but also learn all the other stuff needed to become a sophisticated user.

After reviewing their website (Rabbit Laser USA), I found more answers on the problems I had been dealing with than I had in months of working with the people that built my machine. When he came I had a general impression of the steps he'd take to focus the laser. What I didn't expect was the hours of education he gave me on the field of lasers, components, current tech levels, competitors and the aspects of my machine in particular that would be troublesome in the long term. He gave me plenty of materials on the subjects he was teaching me and also pointed me to the places where I could learn more. At the end of the day, I had a finely tuned laser and knew what I was doing to maintain it and re-focus when needed.

While we worked together, I did get an idea of the types of systems he sells but he never got into "sales mode" where I felt like I was paying for consulting and getting a pitch. Be advised: Ray is quick to point out that he likes to talk a lot -- he does -- but it wasn't as bad as he made it out to be and it all had to do with the equipment where I was information starved. Was it worth the consulting fees? His total cost was less than 4% of the sales I missed out on by not calling him two months earlier. For me, it was a steal.

Answering some obvious questions:
    - My laser was from a Chinese manufacturer that was very inexpensive but also not the caliber of machine you get from the laser factories in the States.
    - I don't work for Rabbit and wasn't incented to write about them. I just feel like I owe them. And honestly, I want you all to get the same treatment if you need it.

Happy to answer questions if you have them. PM me or reply here.

I am going to wire him money in a couple hours for one of his 80 watt lasers. I like the fact that he is the "only" importer who keeps them in stock in the US. So that tells you something about his trust in selling them. One price gets it to your door with setup and training.
    Dennis

Ray's a good guy

I have owned 2 of the same type of lasers he sells (but UK branded versions) and haven't had so much as 10 minutes of trouble in 5 years with them.

best wishes

Dave