586,075 active members*
3,967 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > Litton Sevo Motors and Encoders

Talking Litton Sevo Motors and Encoders

Hi all,

I am new to CNC and also to using forums so please excuse me bumbling around.

I am in UK and have recently got hold of 4 Zeta 9 Plotters equipped with Litton JDH-2250-CG-1C Servo Motors and fitted with 721B1-508-315-5KM Encoders (Litton).
    I have the driver boards and power supplies but no link from the driver board to computer as all I have is a 20 Pin Ribbon cable connector mounted on the driver board.See photo and connector on left hand side.
    I have worked out how to connect motors (2) for X and Y axis to board and the power supply but now am stuck!!
    Can these motors be driven by any other driver board ?? Can anyone give me advice on how to proceed ie What driver board (pref 3 Axis), Power supply, software etc. The mechanical component and build side is right up my street as a mech eng but all the new electronic techtalk has left me confused (as I new it would!!!)- all help greatfully received as I have 8 of these motors, 4 driver boards, 2 power modules and no-where to go with them.
    Thanks guys in advance!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails zeta9.jpg