586,103 active members*
3,854 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 21 of 25 111920212223

Re: X61500GT - New CNC-Carving Router

you should do a drug test on it that's what can happens when drugs get put in and removed
    http://danielscnc.webs.com/

being disabled is not a hindrance it gives you attitude
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

5 days later, communication from Chen Liang regarding DHL tracking number. You know, of the mill I already received...

So far my experiences with the X6-1500USB are positive.
    1. I had no experienced troubles with the original stepper and VFD wiring but percieve it as very low quality. I have replaced it with high quality drag-chain cable. (shielded 1mm2 x 3 for the VFD and 0.75mm2 for the steppers + new firmer water tubing - a tight fit in the chains but it does fit).
    2. I had som initial troubles with latency spikes on my XP laptop but following general advice on optimizing for music production I got it down to 1.2ms. Will know for sure there is latency trouble (dropped steps) when I do longer runs later.

I played around with the z-probe touch plate today and I have done a slight variation on the finder script by 2-phasing it to increase precision without loosing time.
    1. It goes 500mm/s down to find the probe.
    2. Retracts 1mm
    3. Precisely looks for the probe at 1mm/s and sets the z-height from this
    4. Finally moves up to 25mm for easy verification of the result both by reading the z-value in mach3 and also by measurment if so desired

I did try the below repositioning code idea, but failed to get any proper value from ZProbePos.
    Code:
    	ZProbePos = GetVar(2002) 'get the exact point the probe was hit
    	Code "G0 Z" &ZProbePos 'go back to that point, always a very small amount of overrun
    	While IsMoving ()
    	Wend
    -----
    This guy is great at explaining the basics of touch-plate z-height calibration if you are not familiar with it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4DeVa8rzA0
    And here is a video of my own:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MML4...ature=youtu.be
    -----

Hope you find it useful:

Code:
    Rem --------------------------
    Rem probe z-surface
    Rem 1. Fast probe to find the z-block
    Rem 2. Slow probe to increase precision of probe hit

zfeedrate = GetOemDRO(818) 'Feedrate DRO
    z = GetOemDro(802) 'Z DRO
    gh = 19.27 'Gage Block Height mm
    zfinal = 25 'final z mm
    fast = 500 'fast finder feed rate
    slow = 1 'slow/precise feed rate

znew = z - 300 'probe down 300mm

Rem initial fast probe

Code "(fast probe ..)"

Code "G90F" &fast 'fast "finder" feed rate
    SetOemDRO(818,fast) 

Code "G31 Z" &znew
    While IsMoving()
        Sleep(10)
    Wend

Call SetDro (2, gh) 'dro(2)=z dro
    Sleep 200 'pause for dro to update

zrestore = gh + 1 ' move up 1mm to prepare for slow probe
    Code "G0 Z" &zrestore
    While IsMoving()
    Wend

Rem initial fast probe

Code "(slow/precise probe ..)"

Code "G90F" &slow 'slow/precise feed rate
    SetOemDRO(818,slow) 

Code "G31 Z" &znew
    While IsMoving()
        Sleep(10)
    Wend

zrestore = gh + zfinal - gh ' move up to zfinal (25mm)
    Code "G0 Z" &zrestore

Rem restore

Code "F" &zfeedrate 'restore starting feed rate
    SetOemDRO(818,zfeedrate) 

Code "(Z axis is now zeroed)"

Quote Originally Posted by gorry View Post
    So far my experiences with the X6-1500USB are positive.
    1. I had no experienced troubles with the original stepper and VFD wiring but percieve it as very low quality. I have replaced it with high quality drag-chain cable. (shielded 1mm2 x 3 for the VFD and 0.75mm2 for the steppers + new firmer water tubing - a tight fit in the chains but it does fit).
    2. I had som initial troubles with latency spikes on my XP laptop but following general advice on optimizing for music production I got it down to 1.2ms. Will know for sure there is latency trouble (dropped steps) when I do longer runs later.

I played around with the z-probe touch plate today and I have done a slight variation on the finder script by 2-phasing it to increase precision without loosing time.
    1. It goes 500mm/s down to find the probe.
    2. Retracts 1mm
    3. Precisely looks for the probe at 1mm/s and sets the z-height from this
    4. Finally moves up to 25mm for easy verification of the result both by reading the z-value in mach3 and also by measurment if so desired

I did try the below repositioning code idea, but failed to get any proper value from ZProbePos.
    Code:
    	ZProbePos = GetVar(2002) 'get the exact point the probe was hit
    	Code "G0 Z" &ZProbePos 'go back to that point, always a very small amount of overrun
    	While IsMoving ()
    	Wend
    -----
    This guy is great at explaining the basics of touch-plate z-height calibration if you are not familiar with it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4DeVa8rzA0
    And here is a video of my own:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MML4...ature=youtu.be
    -----

Hope you find it useful:

Code:
    Rem probe z-surface
    Rem 1. Fast probe to find the z-block
    Rem 2. Slow probe to increase precision of probe hit

zfeedrate = GetOemDRO(818) 'Feedrate DRO
    z = GetOemDro(802) 'Z DRO
    gh = 19.27 'Gage Block Height mm
    zfinal = 25 'final z mm
    fast = 500 'fast finder feed rate
    slow = 1 'slow/precise feed rate

znew = z - 300 'probe down 300mm

Rem initial fast probe

Code "(fast probe ..)"

Code "G90F" &fast 'fast "finder" feed rate
    SetOemDRO(818,fast) 

Code "G31 Z" &znew
    While IsMoving()
        Sleep(10)
    Wend

zrestore = gh + 1 ' move up 1mm to prepare for slow probe
    Code "G0 Z" &zrestore
    While IsMoving()
    Wend

Rem initial fast probe

Code "(slow/precise probe ..)"

Code "G90F" &slow 'slow/precise feed rate
    SetOemDRO(818,slow) 

Code "G31 Z" &znew
    While IsMoving()
        Sleep(10)
    Wend

zrestore = gh + zfinal - gh ' move up to zfinal (25mm)
    Code "G0 Z" &zrestore

Rem restore

Code "F" &zfeedrate 'restore starting feed rate
    SetOemDRO(818,zfeedrate) 

Code "(Z axis is now zeroed)"
    Ill give this a try. Sounds awesome.

I have been having issues lately with my probe code....

My probe will find z but sometimes..... No explanation will extend further into the touch probe instead of retracting.... you can guess the end result. Very frustrating. I can't track down the issue. Usually a mach 3 restart solves the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevos758 View Post

My probe will find z but sometimes..... No explanation will extend further into the touch probe instead of retracting.... you can guess the end result. Very frustrating. I can't track down the issue. Usually a mach 3 restart solves the issue.
    Any success? I had zero hickups with this code for about 20 test runs.

when the codes go bad it is manly when home is less than 25mm above work zero or there is no inclusion of a retract

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by gorry View Post
    Any success? I had zero hickups with this code for about 20 test runs.
    Negative. Same issues.

you need code with retract in it other wise you have to have the home 25mm or more above the work piece

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Greetings all! Happy belated new year!
    I've not checked the thread for ages because I've been having too much fun with my perfectly functional CNC router! All the problems with the VFD burning out have been resolved. I made several significant changes to my initial setup including replacing the burnt out bridge rectifier, swapping cable to spindle so to have earth and earthing the spindle to the control box. For this reason I'm not sure exactly what the problem was since I made many changes at once - most likely it was the dodgy earth. Funny how the machine is supplied without spindle earth wire and the manual makes a very brief gloss over it. Goes to show never overlook the little things!

PROBES - I also had initial problems with my Z probe but found, like daniellyall said, the probe only works if there is a minimum of at least 25mm on the Z. So it will keep plunging and ignore the contact - ask me how I learnt this. BUT it also fails to work if the tool travels for too long before contact. From memory I think it's also about 25mm. It will stop on contact and not retract up. Not quite as interesting as when it keeps plunging... So for the default probe button to work I hover the tool tip about 10-15mm above the contact plate and make sure thats at least 25.5mm down from zero (zero Z being the top most point of the carriage). Hope that helps.

Thanks to everyone who was involved in trouble shooting my earlier VFD problems - a special shout out to RussellK who is worth his weight in gold!

I have just be manually zeroing for some time now. Havent had time to work this out.

I have another issue with my spindle coolant line is clogging up inside the spindle. Any tips on cleaning this out?

unhook from the pump, then blow trough on the other hose, where water return into tank..

reason for this, because what pressed into by pump you you can reverse..

pump recommended to unhook so you don't press into pump the dirt..

I make it every month at least one times...
    a few min work and no headache when it clogs up..

Quote Originally Posted by victorofga View Post
    unhook from the pump, then blow trough on the other hose, where water return into tank..

reason for this, because what pressed into by pump you you can reverse..

pump recommended to unhook so you don't press into pump the dirt..

I make it every month at least one times...
    a few min work and no headache when it clogs up..
    Thanks! Ill give it a try tonight!

I have just be manually zeroing for some time now. Havent had time to work this out.

I have another issue with my spindle coolant line is clogging up inside the spindle. Any tips on cleaning this out?
    My coolant hoses had some kind of strange goo building inside them, I guess some kind of grease from the factory, either in the spindle ori in the hoses. Had to replace them with new (and better quality) ones.

Had this problem too.. It happened during the retract instruction where the z servo lost steps..try using a slower feedrate during retract..

it happens because there is no retract in the code this is a problem that's common as mud

it happens when home is less than 25mm above the work piece

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Being new owner to X6-1500GT-USB just wanted to share few small issues with machine:

-Z-axis bearings definitely require some sort of dust protection. After just couple hours of machining mdf, plastics and aluminium, both linears and ball screw were totally jammed. Mainly by aluminium chips. Almost ruined my first aluminium part, jammed middle of 1-3/16-16 thread operation. Had to open rails and ball screw and soak, brush, soak rinse etc before applying new grease. Even took all ball bearings out from ball screw and re-ball it. PITA, if you ask me...
    -Stepper joints may be factory pre-asemmbled too close to the stepper. Today jammed my X-axis, luckily that was easy fix to add some clearance between joint and stepper body.
    -Z-axis is not perpendicular against table.Looking by bottom of spindle, Y- side is higher than Y+ side. Not sure yet where that comes from or even is there any way to fix it...

For Z-axis dust protection, I made kinda quick and dirty covers using 3mm clear plastic and 2mm nitrile-rubber. Sideplates are still prototypes, new version will extend so that they will cover variable opening when rubber forms during movement.

Hi everyone! So I managed to read through all 35 pages of this thread since last night. It was very interesting but a LOT to take in. I am highly considering purchasing this machine and I have already figured out all the issues that will/should be worked out with it if I do decide to get it.

Although I read the entire 35 pages, not too much info was available on it's aluminum milling capabilities. I saw some posts of people succesfully milling aluminum and then I saw some post saying this is not the machine for that kind of work. My primary reason for buying would be to mill aluminum plate and the max thickness would be 1/4 inch (6.35mm). Some of the posts lead me to believe that this machine is capable of regularly doing this and then some posts have me questioning if it is capable of such.

I don't mind upgrading areas of the machine or adding cooling if it means that I can make it work for my needs, but I need to be sure before buying that it is capable of such. My aluminum parts are not going to be more than 6 inches x 6 inches and I'm not really concerned about slowing down the time it takes to cut them, if slowing the machine down would make milling the 1/4 inch aluminum possible. The parts are not going to be extremely complex either. Basically I need precision holes drilled at precise locations and then the outside diameter of the aluminum plate milled into a rounded off square.

I would love to hear everyone's opinion and if you don't think it is capable, I would also love to hear your opinion on what I "should" purchase instead, in order to do the work I need. I'm not trying to break the bank, but I also need something that isn't junk.

Thank you in advance for any and all opinions and comments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awah4PXwAAo

Use uncoated 1 or 2 flute carbide mills for Aluminium and use WD40 for lubrication/cooling.

there a bit of chatter there.

these machines can be used of aluminum running slow it should be fine strengthening would be a good idea if you going in with your eyes open you know what you are getting they sale them as bear bones as well

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have a 6040 with a 65mm 800W spindle -- I believe it has a lighter gantry construction than the X61500GT.

If you're prepared to run reasonably slowly you'll be OK. I cut aluminium with a 0.2mm step down, at about 500 mm/s at 18,000RPM using a 1.5mm two flute carbide end mill.

Perhaps I could take deeper cuts -- I haven't explored the limits.

I use WD40 for lubricant.

I find drilling 5mm holes very noisy -- the machine seems to 'clonk' a lot. Smaller holes are fine, and I haven't experimented with drilling much -- perhaps a pilot hole would help. If I need an accurate hole I drill it slightly undersize and ream it.

If you really don't need more than 150mm x 150mm travel then you could look at a smaller machine -- i.e. a 3020 or 3040.

Incidentally it is probably better to ask questions in a new thread than stick them on the end of this one!

Page 21 of 25 111920212223