586,103 active members*
3,594 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Shenhui 690 or G Weike LG900N ?

Hi,
    I am new to laser engraving/cutting world and don't understand anything yet, but I want to learn so I'm reading forums constantly. Laser engraving/cutting seems like a fun and creative process that can be profitable, that's why I'm so interested in it.
    I plan on starting laser engraving/cutting business. After reading this and few other forums I have decided to buy Chinese machine, but can't decide between Shenhui G690 or G Weike LG900N machines? I heard good things about both machines, but hope you will make choosing easier for me.
    Thanks

Both great machines but Weike have the head on Customer Services That said either machine is a good choice.

cheers

Dave

Hi, Janis,

Have wrote you the info about LG900N by PM. It is quite necessory to ask more and compare more for the first machine.
    G.Weike Laser
    [email protected] [email protected] skype:melody.gweike

Hi Janies,
    First,very glad to see that you choose our laser machine,but i feel a little strange that you want to choose one from us-gweike and shenhui laser,we have incomparability at all,not in same class
    if we rank class one,they only can rank three
    also their service is too far behind to cath up with us
    so when you making your decision,extra USD200 or USD300 is quite worth for a good quality and service

tina-sales manager from g.weike laser
    email: [email protected]
    MSN:[email protected]

Really bad form for one manufacturer to bad mouth another ... I wouldn't buy from a company that does that.
    Rodney , Cape Town , South Africa
    www.tokerbros.co.za

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Gold View Post
    Really bad form for one manufacturer to bad mouth another
    Agreed Rod, really bad business practice.

cheers

Dave

I landed my G Weike machine here in Canada about a month ago now. I can't say enough good things about their customer service! Not only were my ton of stupid pre sale questions answered, my sales manager (Tina) has been over the top helpful with all of my support requests and questions after the fact. The machine is well built, was well packed and needed very little to get my first cuts done and first engravings. I have never gone longer than 10-12 hours even on a weekend or holiday waiting for a response. If you don't want to mortgage your home for a US made machine, you'd do well by them.

Good luck in your new purchase
    Ron

GWK brand is a good choice for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Gold View Post
    Really bad form for one manufacturer to bad mouth another ... I wouldn't buy from a company that does that.
    Here in the states the Auto makers use this kind of advertizing all the time basically putting down another brand or touting how theirs is better.

Hi,
    I thought before I make a payment I should ask for your advice.It would be great if someone could correct my mistakes in my order and give some advice on importing from China to Europe. As I understand it is better to choose local shippers to do importing from China. I'm a little scared about making bank transfer to company I don't know, so I was thinking about doing it through PayPal, but Gweike replied that they don't accept PayPal payments. I read somewhere that if company from China is refusing Paypal payments that's a bad sign. I know I probably shouldn't worry about that, beacuse G.weike has very good reputation on this and other forums, but I have bad experience with importing from China that's why I'm so cautious. I asked for 50% prepay and 50% against bill of landing on which they agreed.
    This will be my order:
    LG900N/60W - 2900 USD
    Accessories:
    blower-included
    air pump-included
    honey comb-included
    auto up and down platform-included
    Rotary-300$
    Auto focus-150$
    Red dot-100$
    Cooling chiller CW5000-400$
    USB control system -100$
    Air filter 500$ (can't decide if it's necessary)
    Spare parts:
    Laser tube
    Mirrors
    Lenses
    stepper motor
    set of belts
    Please add acessories or spare parts you think is important because I'm sure I missed something.

Rotary-300$ (Great if you have a use for them, otherwise expensive door stops)
    Auto focus-150$ (Great when it works, a pain when it goes wrong)
    Red dot-100$ (I took mine off as I never use them)
    Cooling chiller CW5000-400$ (Great chiller and will handle much bigger tubes as well)
    USB control system -100$
    Air filter 500$ (can't decide if it's necessary) (Only if you intend to vent inside the workroom, otherwise a pipe out the window does the same)
    Spare parts:
    Laser tube (It *could* be two years until your original fails, by then the new tube will likely be useless as well)
    Mirrors (Great idea 3 to 6 spare mirrors are always good to have)
    Lenses (Very useful in a range of sizes, 50.8, 63.5 and maybe a 38mm for fine work)
    stepper motor (Humm, China can get them to you in 3 to 5 days usually,is your machine going to be a business mission critical machine that cannot be down for 5 days?)
    set of belts (Better still get a couple of sets, cheap and handy to have)

I read somewhere that if company from China is refusing Paypal payments that's a bad sign.
    It's the only sensible option to refuse Paypoo, what happens if they deliver a $20,000 machine then the buyer does a chargeback? (it's happened to others) Weike are one of the biggest manufacturers of Lasers in China, I would pretty much stake my life on your money being safe

I asked for 50% prepay and 50% against bill of landing on which they agreed.
    I'd be quite happy with that

best wishes

Dave

This is the kind of answer I was hoping to receive, thank you Exsecratio.

Yep, even though I ultimately decided to purchase a machine off eBay due to lower shipping costs, GWK's customer service is right up there

Thought I'd also throw this in, but lightobject has also just started stocking some machines, he got them into his US showroom today I believe: CNC & CO2 Laser

Very nicely priced, and Marco is by far one of the best people I've dealt with purchasing from online
    Build logs and other projects of mine: http://nqlasers.com/

Hi, Janies and Dave,

I think no good to put detail prices in public here. Anyway, the prices are sensitive and business secret. So please revise your posts. Thanks!
    G.Weike Laser
    [email protected] [email protected] skype:melody.gweike

Bad practice Mel, trust me, in the West hiding prices will cost you sales.People will assume there is something to hide.

(I also didn't mention any prices)

cheers

Dave

A common complaint I hear about Chinese suppliers is that they don't post any prices on their websites. People in Europe and North America are much more likely to buy from a supplier that posts their prices than from one that isn't. If people don't have at least a ball park figure to work from they might not want to contact the supplier. Dave is right; not divulging prices will lead to suspicion.

Michael

Automation Technology Inc has Co2 laser machines in USA

Co2 Laser machine. Automation Technology Inc

Very nice price, Sell it online

Ken

the prices are sensitive and business secret. So please revise your posts.
    That one line alone would prevent me considering Weike as a supplier, that and slating other suppliers will cost future business Melody.

Frank Wang of XYZ posts prices publicly, I read them = I like what I read = I buy from them. What I don't want to be doing is sending off half a dozen emails to find out a price and not knowing if I am being treated fairly, very well or badly.

A top line price can be posted publicly, then it's up to the individual sales person to decide if they want to / or can do discounts. That's not uncommon in the West at all.

If I drove past a car dealer and all the cars had "apply within for prices" I'd just keep driving until I found one that was open about it.

cheers

Dave

I've been a happy customer of G. Weike so far but slagging off competitors and telling potential customers to change posts is very rude and is something that would make me consider alternative suppliers.

I wouldn't get thrown by those comments. Perhaps there has been a price decrease or increase that would upset recent customers. You are speaking about an item
    that ultimately equals the price of a small used car. Personally I like to keep my transactions private and I respect G Weike for wanting to do that as well. I don't see prices anywhere when it comes to major N. American laser suppliers...not even ballpark. It takes a personal call, a fat envelope of advertising etc to get a price.
    As far as quality of workmanship and after sales service, G Weike has done really well for me in my books. Not only have all my inept newbie questions been answered,
    but they have gone the extra mile to DHL me extra parts, lenses etc at no cost to make up for *my* lack of knowledge when I ordered initially. If I had the financial backing I would seriously look into supplying their product here in Canada.
    Hope this helps
    Ron

Page 1 of 2 12