586,414 active members*
3,216 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Hardinge Lathes > Chnc-1 with siemens controls error 2000

Chnc-1 with siemens controls error 2000

I just picked up an older chnc1 lathe with the siemens controls. When I power up I get error 2000 emergency stop. All of the stops seem to be out. Does anyone have any ideas to help me get this running?

You didn't say what control, but if it is a 810 then hit the "reset" button on the left and the "alarm acknowledge" on the right side. If that does not work, you may have a bad switch.

Mike
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Have you made progress on this error? I have manuals and a bit of experience from fixing/running my own CHNC-1.

Torin...
    --
    www.walker-tech.com

Quote Originally Posted by torinwalker View Post
    Have you made progress on this error? I have manuals and a bit of experience from fixing/running my own CHNC-1.

Torin...
    --
    www.walker-tech.com
    Hey Torin,

They just don't get back to us do they and I have never understood that. They ask a question about a problem, you answer them and you just never hear from them again.

Just finished up a 500+ part run on my little CHNC-1 tonight.

Mike
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

I suppose I can understand - they post, hope for the best, but when they don't get an answer right away, they dismiss the CNC zone (or whatever forum they're posting to) and move on to some other source of information. That was his first and only post, apparently.

Not everyone has the answer, and sometimes you have to figure it out for yourself and post the results for other people not to have to do it again.

500 part job, eh? Real nice. I'm waiting for my main customer to give me a call and order another 100 sets of motor parts so I can go shopping for a Conquest 42 with live tooling and sub-spindle. Oh, what I could do with one of those...

What parts are you making?

Torin...
    --
    www.walker-tech.com

Quote Originally Posted by torinwalker View Post

500 part job, eh? Real nice. I'm waiting for my main customer to give me a call and order another 100 sets of motor parts so I can go shopping for a Conquest 42 with live tooling and sub-spindle. Oh, what I could do with one of those...

What parts are you making?

Torin...
    --
    www.walker-tech.com
    I'd love to have the Conquest 42, I wish you luck in getting it.

You wanted to see my parts, so I made a little movie just for you.

Notice the secret I am divulging. The radius on this thin wall part is supposed to be .005" or less at the bottom, so instead to lots of passes with a boring bar and a small radius insert for the finish, I go right to finish with a 5/8th endmill. Don't tell anyone the secret, but saves tons of time. There is already a .325" hole through, so a non-center cutting cobalt endmill is all that is used.

http://youtu.be/-doyt2jJ9K4

Have a great week--------Mike