586,089 active members*
3,946 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > EdgeCam > Mazak Integrex Mark IV 300 st post

Mazak Integrex Mark IV 300 st post

I would be very greatful to anyone that has a working post for a Mazak Integrex Mark IV 300 ST

Our parts are starting to get more complicated and finding that the use of a CAM system would be the way to go. I feel like I would be overwhelmed and to risky trying to create my own post. Machines are to costly to have a post issue crash.

Can anyone either supply a post or lead me in a direction that would not force us to reach deep into our pockets.

Thanks in advance!

Chad Ashley

This is a very capable machining center with potential for collision, and it requires a fairly advanced post processor. Keep in mind that a post processor from another field application will need modification to work flawlessly with your specific CNC machine.

Have you checked with your software supplier? They may have one, or ability to provide a turn-keyed one that provides the edit-free CNC code that you need.

Does the code wizard work well for creating from scratch or should I even be considering it.

Chad

Although we had proven posts for the Mark IV which we used in the UK, I thought the template post for the Adaptive Integrex was pretty close to start with.
    If you don't want to spend the cash then create a new post from the adaptive template, and test it out gently. Start with turning on head 1, then turning on head 2 etc etc.
    It won't be a million miles away but then again it won't be 100% perfect, so be prepared to do some mods.
    Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by meegers View Post
    Although we had proven posts for the Mark IV which we used in the UK, I thought the template post for the Adaptive Integrex was pretty close to start with.
    If you don't want to spend the cash then create a new post from the adaptive template, and test it out gently. Start with turning on head 1, then turning on head 2 etc etc.
    It won't be a million miles away but then again it won't be 100% perfect, so be prepared to do some mods.
    Good luck.

Thanks! That is really what I am looking for in an answer. Sounds like it is worth while starting out with an adaptive template and testing out cycles one at a time with the understanding that we will have time in testing at the machine.

I would think even with a proven post we would be needing to be cautious as I am always told by our reseller each machine is different. Bad experiences with post built by our reseller. Just a lot more time wasted proving them out when I feel it should have been simple stuff.

Chad