586,052 active members*
4,294 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > CNC Wood Router Project Log > WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle
Page 61 of 91 1151596061626371
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1805

Re: WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spi

widgitmaster

Widgit the Zone has been having problems, I found a way that seems to work if you are still having problems

when the you first open the main Zone page, don't log in unless you have logged out, just hit ( todays posts ), then when that has loaded hit ( new posts ) & all is working, refresh the page helps sometimes as well,

As far as your spindle braking goes, Mach 3 has nothing to do with it, only the output of M5 & the PWM connection to the VFD, if all that part is working, the VFD does all the braking work

The external mounted Braking Resistor is what you want, then some parameter changes in the VFD will help you slow the spindle down, But first lets check to see what you have it set at now,

The VFD that you have is not very good at slowing down to fast as you found out before

What do you have these Parameters set at, these are the 2 parameters that affects how the spindle stops

PD015-------

PD26--------
    Mactec54

Re: WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spi

Clear the cache in your browser, and then click Today's posts, and the zone should be back to normal. It's been messed up for over a week, but it seems to be fixed now.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Something has changed, as I'm now able to login with my PC laptop! Unfortunately, i'm unable to login with my iPad using Safari or Google Chrome!
    I guess Paul doesn't own one of them (chair)

So HAPPY 4th of July to all!
    Boom Boom Boom
    Widgit
    www.widgitmaster.com
    It's not what you take away, it's what you are left with that counts!

Quote Originally Posted by widgitmaster View Post
    Something has changed, as I'm now able to login with my PC laptop! Unfortunately, i'm unable to login with my iPad using Safari or Google Chrome!
    I guess Paul doesn't own one of them (chair)

So HAPPY 4th of July to all!
    Boom Boom Boom
    Widgit
    Sorry are you talking about Me owning that make of VFD.? I do own one Widget. I have a few of them.
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by paul3112 View Post
    Sorry are you talking about Me owning that make of VFD.? I do own one Widget. I have a few of them.
    Paul
    Oops!
    I was thinking of the CNCZone owner Paul G., not owning an iPad
    Widgit

meet you half way mate. I dont own an i-pad

For the past few weeks, I've been making several of these large 48" x 24" plaques out of MDF!
    At first it was difficult to get the g-code's to work smoothly, then I found the setting in VCarve-Pro for "Raster" pocketing! Before I used the Raster setting, the program would randomly cut out a pocket, first inside then it would jump to inner perimeter, then more inside etc... This produced a pile of solid scraps that broke loose during cutting, which needed to be removed manually while the cutter was moving and left a broken surface finish! Otherwise the cutter could z-down through a scrap, start spinning and destroy the dust shoe or worst case burn the board under the cutter and the scrap! Now a fire is NOT something I need in my house, and I'm surprised Vectric Software co. hasn't been sued for damages result of such a fire situation! Hummm?

Well, the surface finish in the bottom of the pockets looks much better with the Raster mode turned on, and there are NO little solid scraps left over! The pocketing in one of the large plaques only took 5-minutes more to do, and I was able to increase the feeds greatly! So far the whole plaque only takes 01:47:00 to complete! After cutting and sanding the outer edges, I put two coats of oil-based Sanding Sealer, followed by one coat of gloss Varnish! The coating process takes three full days, as it needs to dry between coats! The results are stunning, and there popularity is growing!
    Widgit
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo 1.jpg   photo 2.jpg  
    www.widgitmaster.com

Nice Work Widgit
    Walking is highly over-rated

Wigit,

If you select all vectors when creating a tool path it will jump around randomly. Most of the tool path types have a "Use vector selection order" option that might help. I haven't had the troubles you mention when using the offset mode though. I tend to use raster cuts when doing 3D finishing tool paths for Aspire projects that have models, but it depends on what I'm cutting. If significantly sized pieces of MDF are breaking off, that seems like a very soft type of MDF.with very little glue in the mix. The type I get at the local Lowes is a darker variety than some of it I see posted on the CNC Zone. When cutters are getting dull it will cause this more frequently.
    CarveOne
    http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com

something to try is to pre-paint the board and then do your cutout. Then you can get a two-tone finish. Another way is to paint the cutout piece and then sand the top off. two-tone finish with the cutout part painted. I seen that 4ft round aztec and had to attempt it. Once my wife seen it, suddenly it needed to be finished. 2 coats of urethane, then black spray paint which we then sanded off the top surface. Another coat of urethane and finally Varathane BarTop Finish coating and filling in the cutout part. 1 Gallon of it actually was used in 4 1 pint batches. Wife found a broken lawn table somewhere and now I get to mount this to the table. Her next "want" is a 4ft round stargate with some sort of unique bluish centre.

Attachment 242722
    Colten Edwards http://www.cncsigns.ca

Now that's what i call a Honey Do

The black background looks awsum! I may do that to mine too!

This Morning I edge glue two 1x12 clear pine boards together, then I clamped them to the router table when dried. Next I cut a 23 1/2" diam. plaque for the Coast Guard!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

Widget, that looks awesome, turned out very nice. Great Job
    Russ

Really having fun with these plaques are you.

Jason

Nice work Widgit, as always

Russell.

The dust collection system is not working, as I have burned up two Ridgid Shop-Vacs!!
    Pulling the dust through a 25-foot long, 2" ID hose is a bad choice! So I ordered 4" ID hose, and a larger Dust Deputy! The only thing missing is the blower motor, so I did a little research and found the perfect one for the money A BounceHouse blower!
    There are NO brushes to burn up, it's rated at 645-CFM, all for $87!! I hooked it up to the hose, and there's plenty of power! The blower has a 3 7/16" input and a 4" output. So I increased the input bore slightly! Then I made an input barb flange, an everything is much better! The DustDeputy has not arrived yet, so I'll mount the blower on the wall, run some 4" thin wall PVC pipe, and have it drop down so the hose connects on the side of the machine to the pipe above.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  
    www.widgitmaster.com

You might want to think about some filtering before the blower..

Quote Originally Posted by dodger889 View Post
    You might want to think about some filtering before the blower..
    That's where the Dust Deputy cyclone will be, it's not in the picture because it hasn't arrived yet
    www.widgitmaster.com

That part I understand. But the dust deputy does not catch all of the dust.The fine parts still come through the system.

Yes, and the formaldehyde fumes from MDF will all exit to the outside of the building !
    I've been running the router 6-8 hours a day !
    The noise level will be much less too, and I like that
    www.widgitmaster.com

Page 61 of 91 1151596061626371