586,094 active members*
4,000 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > mode selector gone crazy on fanuc 11m

mode selector gone crazy on fanuc 11m

hi all

the machine is hitachi seiki VA-55 with fanuc system 11M,
    after the machine was turn off correctly, the next morning when I turn on the machine started up
    there is no alarm or error but the mode selected on the control panel REF/RPD/JOG/HND/MDI/EDIT/MEM/TAPE won't stay steady on the screen
    it is continuously changing between the mode selected and the REF
    for example mode switch is set on MDI but on the screen every second is changing: MDI then REF then MDI then REF and so on

when I put the machine in REF mod I can send all axis in referent positions no problems at all but
    when I put on RPD mode and try to move the axis because the mode is changing all the time i get noncontinuous movement.

I don't have much experience in reading ladder diagram to find my self the problem so any help would be appreciated
    regardless if it is for the problem or directions on how to find the problem with reading the ladder diagram.

:drowning:

Rather than a software/ladder issue I would first look at the selector switch and the (24vdc?) power to it, in the diagnostics you may see the inputs for the switch jumping around, if so it points to connection/switch issue?
    The switch is often a binary coded switch to obtain a maximum combo for 4 or 5 input bits for each function.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

thank you for the reply Al

could you please tell me what is the address number in the diagnostics for the switch selector,
    I don't have all the documentation for this machine

I would have to check the manual, later today if I can.
    The inputs for the Operator panel usually start at X500
    Al.

Albert E.

I checked the voltages on the both power modules(PCB and I/O unit) on the check point CP17
    all voltages are ok in +/-2%

when I ask about the address number for diagnostics I meant on
    STATUS NO
    G0000
    G0001
    G????(witch is for the mode selector?)

in the wiring diagram I found them they are X5022, X5023, X5024 and X5025

any directions what to check ?

You can watch X502.2 - X502.5 and the pattern should be stable when switched from position to position, if fluctuating, then it is external to the PLC/PMC itself.
    Al.

Albert E.

Does it have the little atc control panel on the side? We had a hitachi with a 6M-F and tacked on "hitachi seicos plc" that was the biggest piece of junk ive ever seen...the batteries in the seicos went dead, and after a month of typing in FF codes every morning after talking thru a translator to a guy in asia, we pulled the totally unnecessary plc and werote the internal fanuc pmc to handle everything normally. What really irked me about that machine was they programmed the fanuc plc to talk to their plc, when they coulda simply done it straight thru. Lots of oems like to throw extra stuff on their machines for no reason i can think of except maybe future service work.

Hope yours dont have the add-on plc, and if so, hope those batteries are ok...good luck, our hitachi had pretty good iron from what i remembered, mechanically was a great tool, just a lot of unnecessary interface stuff...

Al I am not at work today but I will check the pattern and give you a feed back on the status.

tc429 yes it does have the little atc control panel on the side, but I am not sure that it has the add-on plc.
    I will post a picture of the control electronics later and I would be very grateful if you could guide me through
    first to check on the batteries and then the thing you mentioned "typing in FF codes"...

thank you all I'll keep you informed

hi all,
    your hitachi seicos plc micon8?
    if fitted micon 8 plc you have machine manuals with seicos plc manual.
    seicos manual have recovery procedure mention this manuals.