586,075 active members*
4,137 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mother / Masterboard

It seems that the problems with my mill is some failure on the mother board (Fanuc 3M-C) and I wonder if you guys have any tip where to buy a board to a decent price? Maybe someone here deals with Fanuc parts?

The boards number is: A16B-1000-0010 / 08F

Thanks in advance!

/Swemill

master pcb

What`s the alarm that you`re getting?
    The board might be repairable.
    Regards
    Alexfanuc

No alarm besides the LED2 on the Masterboard because the CRT and alarm display is out of order...
    You can read about the problems in this thread:

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93939

I've got the PC1 card tested on a Fanuc 3 controlled lathe and that seems to be OK.
    Was also hoping that it could be repaired but it seems hard to find any who can do it in my area / Sweden.... Would Fanuc repair boards? I haven't checked direct with them but thought that they only exchange cards and to a high price...

3M Master PCB

Ok, I read the threads.
    Still you didn`t find where the sound (WAM!) came from. Is it like something exploded?

(Have disconnected M1 – M12 cables one by one on motherboard + M18 and M19 on PC1 (no M20 – M21 connected on PC2). The M5 cable were not connected..? Also tried with the CRT / CCX cable. Are not sure wich the “last one” – video signal cable is!? There wasn’t any other after M12 / M19? Is it the “CRT / CCX” cable? There also is a “RAM – M41” connection between mother board and memory board and a “black – white – brown” on top of motherboard.
    However nothing was changed with the disconnection…..)

The cable for the monitor is CRT/CCX, do not disconnect that!. Try to disconnect everything but the cables on top of the master PCB and the connector CRT/CCX.
    I`m trying to remember which connector it is for the power on, otherwise the control will not power on. It still sounds to me like you have a short somewhere and that your masterpcb is ok
    Regards,
    Alexfanuc

Thanks for your reply!
    There actually wasn't any big WAM! My fault and a bad explanation... The bang was exactly like when you usually push in the emergency stop. Not any "failure"-bang like burnt electronic! The sound was like the contactor sound that normally sounds when pushing the emergency stop, and i'm 99% sure that it was that despite that i didn't push it..... Seems that the failure forced it into emergency circuite and the CRT also went out....
    There isn't any burnt electronics smell and i cant find any visible failure either....

I have also tried what you said after i wrote the former thread. Only CRT/CCX cable (and them on top) connected but still no difference....
    Also tried without the PC2, Add Mem. and PC1 board but with no difference...

I'm very grateful for help!

/Swemill

files

Here are some files to see if they can help you.

Regards

Alexfanuc
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you very much for the files Alex! That can be useful!

Regards - Swemill

file

Check this file.
    Regards
    Alexfanuc
    Attached Files Attached Files

Great! Thank you very much!

Is it possible to get the schematic circuit of A16B-1000-0010/08F? . If someone know something about it, tell me please. I need that.