586,080 active members*
3,571 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > CamBam > Does "snap to objects" do anything at all?

Does "snap to objects" do anything at all?

Im trying to join 2 circles of equal size spaced apart to make a rectangle with rounded ends. I cant seem to get this done. Ive used CamBam in the past and made quite a few parts with it, came back to it when I was made aware of the updated version.

So I made my circles, spaced them apart 1 inch, tried to join the tops and bottoms to make my shape so I could explode it later and delete the needed areas. Snap to objects did nothing...at all. What is it supposed to do and how do I get it to work? It wouldnt join either. What are the criteria for making joining work?

"Snap to grid" works just fine though.

Thanks,

If you draw in cambam a rectangle you can give in a corner radius. You must not draw two circles.
    If you draw two circles you can draw a tangent from one circle to the other, in the new version N with menue > draw > more > tangent
    Third way is to draw your circles, space it, draw a rectangle in the size from the upper vertical middle axis of the first circle and the lowest point of the middle axis of the second circle, select all an use STRG+U.
    The snap to object works only with the nodes of a object. A circle has only two nodes.

Have a look here: http://cambam.pixelmaker.eu/pages/ph...%20corners.swf

ralf