586,082 active members*
3,772 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Hobby Projects > I.C. Engines > only bits on engines again :( not full builds.

only bits on engines again :( not full builds.

i cheat, i start with a bought turd and attempt to polish it.

oh well.

lets see, cnc bits... i made some heads... high compression heads

one finned, one externally finned via water and radiator

so, the fins...
    Attachment 188284

ended up being a whoopsy, shoulda stuck with my layout using a 6mm, instead of getting silly with an 8... basically worked great until it overheated to the point of autoignition

Attachment 188288

oh well, i said, alls i got handy is this 75mm billet... what will water do?

water works well

so...

cutting...

Attachment 188290

and fitted...

Attachment 188292

had some fun with trying thermo siphon at first, with mixed results, sometimes fine, sometimes not. temperamental. tried making a pump. didnt take any pics, which is just as well cus it didnt work! the next one with a direct drive will!

one time i rode back from a friends, cold night. at the time, i had a teepiece in the line. that wasnt so good as it would stop flowing, boil, and the steam in the narrow tubing formed one of those "airlift" pumps, and spat all the water out. so anyways, it started spitting, and i popped my finger over the end of the tee. at this point it sucked in as it formed a vacuum. the rest of the ride home, with my finger sealing the vent, it was boiling off at reduced pressure, and condensing in the radiator, with no signs of overheating. a perfect vapor cycle thermo siphon!

it didnt do it the next day when it was warmer

i made some tuned pipes!

now i need to cnc a plasma cutter to make profiles economically

Attachment 188294

oh, and lastly... i made this spherical boring attachment for doing the combustion chambers in the heads cus my lathe is still in manual mode

Attachment 188296

still needs some tweaking but the basics are there. tool mounting is the tweaking... but it works! no chatter! no slop! and it has quick action indexed fitting/removal

the cnc thing is getting easier. the designing is getting easier. im actually starting to make things that look like what i envision! and they go together! with the possibility of repeating them!

now im just waiting on this chunk of 600mm I-beam from my mate for a tub/stand. i need coolant. i need air. i need a cabinet! the floors covered in six inches of litter! everything has aluminium stuck to it! yucky!

then. then its a bigger project.

vtwin. for mah pushy!

What kind of motor is that, weed wacker?

its just an el chepo 48cc kit for the sole purpose of fitting to bicycles.

normally i dont bother with these kinds of mods cus i find just a well designed pipe has far better results in the end. but, i was bored!

cheers for having a squizz