586,121 active members*
3,622 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Hand wheel is intermittant

Hand wheel is intermittant

85 Fadal CNC88 control.. I havent figured out exactly whats happening yet.. But I fire up machine , then go into set up and do the normal things.. then I get to the part where it says hit jog and then my remote seems to work sometimes and then not other times..Im used to the newer controls.. Is there something that I need to know about these Vintage machines ??

When im in the Command mode and hit jog X, why doesnt my hand wheel work.. the control work fine but not the hand wheel..

Chips

Try hitting the "manual" button, then jog. You need to be in MDI mode to jog, least thats the way my machine works.

you have a hand wheel

ive got a cnc88 control too but mine does not have a handwheel the 88hs has one on the pendint, but the cnc88 does not.. ther was a din cable that was zipped tied up to the bottom of the comp inclosher??? mybe this is for a remote handwheel??

ive been using the jog button on the keybord

The handheld MPG is an option. It plugs underneath the controller.

must get one,me need

i think the din cable is for a mpg i think the guy i bought it from was to lazey to run the cable, any one got a old mpg i can buy

Thumbs up

Mine plugs in to the controller.. problem is that it doesnt always work.. The controller waorks all the time.. cant figure out wht the Jog remote doesnt work always..

Sounds like your handwheel needs to be replaced.

The wires arnt in too good of a shape either.. Do you think its in the hand wheel ??? Kind of makes sense !!! Atatched are some Pics..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF2056.JPG   DSCF2057.JPG  

wow mine dosent have that

So you mean to tell me you use the controler to set your tools.. Is there a .001 jog function?? Otherwise it seems like you will get moving too quick when you need the fine jog function..

yep ther is

Quote Originally Posted by cadman
    Sounds like your handwheel needs to be replaced.
    Ok !! Cadman thinks my wheel is on the fritch so after thinking that if you guys dont have a hand whel then there nust be a finer setting for the jog.. And there is now that I read the fine print.. H M and L... thats what the manual refers to !! (chair)

thanks guys... This forum is really cool..
    I think we need to find chrisw765 a Spindle motor assm.. I going to order a new hand wheel from CNC Pros.

Looks abit different than the one I Have,, or maybe I'll machine a panel under the control and have it fixed instead of portable..

Cheers.. :cheers:

replace the wiring to the the handwheel, can´t be that difficult.

sounds like a glitch.

Wow, I've never seen that version controller. On the 88HS and newer controllers the handwheel is integrated into the controller and a handheld MPG that plugs into the bottom is optional.