587,070 active members*
2,921 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

ELOX FANUC relationship ???

I have a Fanuc Tape Cut Model M wire EDM machine here in the UK. They seem quite a rare beast. I have found very similar machines on youtube of a similar vintage but called ELOX Fanuc - an example here:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prRrufftAtE]Elox-Fanuc CNC Wire EDM, Series L, 1984, Ref.#27-86 (SOLD) - YouTube[/ame]

Was it a licencing deal similar to Bridgeports being sold here to their design but locally made?
    Andrew Mawson
    East Sussex, UK

Bump: come on some one out there in Fanuc land must know what the Elox relationship was !!!!
    Andrew Mawson
    East Sussex, UK

Elox made sinkers in the usa when it came time to make wires they relied on fanuc to build them from what I under stand the only thing Elox contrubited was the software for the machine.Its a Fanuc branded with a Elox emblem.I know a guy that worked for them for 25 years..

Fanuc / Elox wire EDM

Thanks for that. I wonder if the internal software is the same for the Elox/Fanuc as the Fanuc Tape Cut here in the UK ? I'd be very interested to see any operator manual or information for the Elox version if anyone knows of any still in existance.
    Andrew Mawson
    East Sussex, UK

The machine software is not the same from machine to machine . It could be if you can find to identaical machines a Elox/Fanuc and a tape cut are the same thing..My machine says its a Elox/fanuc on the machine but the maintenance drawings say its a tape cut.Your machine have the 6m control...? or the OM-A control? If I can ask. Dose your machine have the original inverter it runs the pumps . mine died and I need to replace. Just curious what you have. Do you have the parameter tape . Do you have the cutting data tape..?
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by gabedrummin View Post
    The machine software is not the same from machine to machine . It could be if you can find to identaical machines a Elox/Fanuc and a tape cut are the same thing..My machine says its a Elox/fanuc on the machine but the maintenance drawings say its a tape cut.Your machine have the 6m control...? or the OM-A control? If I can ask. Dose your machine have the original inverter it runs the pumps . mine died and I need to replace. Just curious what you have. Do you have the parameter tape . Do you have the cutting data tape..?
    ?
    Yes mine has a 6M control Main board is: A16B-1000-0030 / 05C (is this a 6M B2 ???)
    (System come up saying its a 6M Series M47 version 10). My pumps run straight off three phase that is supplied via the main transformer tappings the the body of the machine. I have all my parameters as a file on my pc as I down loaded them prior to upgrading the bubble memory. I don't have the cutting data as a file or tape, but I do have it as a hard copy in a Fanuc publication. Mine was originally a auto wire threader / cutter but this facility has been disabled and the bits largely removed. A few pictures attached - does it look like yours?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fanuc_1.jpg   fanuc_2.jpg   fanuc_3.jpg   fanuc_4.jpg  

fanuc_5.jpg   fanuc_6.jpg  
    Andrew Mawson
    East Sussex, UK

My machine has the OM-A control . I would love to have a look at cutting data book .....! On my machine when you go to the EDM PAGE ....THROUGH SETTINGS .... It has on...off ....no load voltage...etc....For flushing it can be set from 1...to ....15......The inverter controls this .If you can control your flushing through the push buttons you have a Inverter mounted inside the back door on a small swing out door....My L machine had m-47 software...

My flushing is by hand operated taps! Give me an email address and I'll scan the cutting data booklet for you
    Andrew Mawson
    East Sussex, UK

Thank you very much kind sir...! email is [email protected] you cut with your machine ...? How many square inches per hr.....? I get 6 inches or less...

Thank you very much kind sir...! email is [email protected] you cut with your machine ...? How many square inches per hr.....? I get 6 inches or less...
    eMail on the way to you - rqther a large file I'm afraid. Not really measured cutting rate in terms of area per time as I've only just set this beast loose in my workshop. Cutting a 2mm thick 32 dp 32 tooth gear took about 90 mins but I'm deliberately not pushing it as I'm getting used to it - I too need to study the booklet!!
    Andrew Mawson
    East Sussex, UK

SOS neer the parameters for ELOX FANUC WIRE EDM model L,

I have a copy for a L with no power z axis......

hi

I have a copy for a L with no power z axis......
    Do you realy??? You can save my life, you know???

How can we do to get them??

hi i need know ho to edit machine paramètres on fanuc om wire edm ( pwe)
    thanks