586,075 active members*
3,798 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Predator wont run my V24 file

Predator wont run my V24 file

Hi,

In V24 Mill, I would like to use the advanced (blue icon) Predator that came with my package. My files will not run period. Can someone walk me through the process of using this feature?

Thanks,

Erik

Quote Originally Posted by erikh206 View Post
    Hi,

In V24 Mill, I would like to use the advanced (blue icon) Predator that came with my package. My files will not run period. Can someone walk me through the process of using this feature?
    Hey Eirk,
    So you mean the Predator "virtual CNC".............. Can you verify under Help-license that you have Simulation level 3 checked in green?

If so, then after you generate toolpath, you go to modules Virtual cnc and the part should run. If you have fooled around with trying to config the properties of the virtual cnc, it is very easy to mess it up so it doesnt run. The easiest thing would be to get a good removal and just re-install.

There is also possibly some type of program you have created that doesnt fit the machine config? Can you not make a simple default arc and profile toolpath and run it?

If you are not licensed for the level 3, then all you have is a right clcik on the milling stock and choose verify.

In V23,level 2 simulates with vitual preditor.Don't open the preditor with the fancy blue icon.After you create your tool path,do as Burr said,go to modules/virtual cnc.

I think its kind of like some Icons that come on computers. Just because it's there doesn’t mean we've got it , its just advertisement to let you know it's available so you buy it.
    That Blue Icon is on my desk top also but that doesn't mean that it works.
    I think that Bobcads new simulate in V25 is doing some what the same, but then again that’s just my thoughts.
    So yes check for License first its saves a lot of time.

Ok, I looked at the help/lic. page and level 2 and 3 are not checked....... neither is the virtual simulation high-lighted on the modules bar. Shame on me. :-)

Thanks guys for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by erikh206 View Post
    Ok, I looked at the help/lic. page and level 2 and 3 are not checked....... neither is the virtual simulation high-lighted on the modules bar.!
    Yeah, that means you dont have the full blown virtual cnc, but, the program is still part of the install. It will be the "verify" that you get from the cam tree.

I guess I should have listened to the salesman better......

Thanks again.