586,114 active members*
3,207 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Euro fitting Machine torch for plasma?

Hey all,

I am going to get on the band wagon and build me one of these cnc plasma's.

As I first need a plasma cutter I am just wondering if I can buy the machine style torches with a euro-style plug?

I am in the U.K. and the sort of things I am looking at will cost around £1000 and most now come with a quick release 'euro' coulping.

I am hoping this is one connection for power & air and a second for the trigger.

If this is the case I can use the supplied, hand-held, torch for normal use then just drop it down by my cnc bed, plug my machine torch in and connect the trigger to a computer interface..

Anybody know if/where I can get a euro machine torch in the U.K. and is this the right direction to be heading in?

I only have 240v, single phase power so a proper industrial unit is out but if I can find the right type of torch I could hook up water-cooling etc and still be able to have a machine for site use!

Smile Ebay &Thermal Dynamics

Hi,
    From my experience the cheapest way to get a proper machine torch is to watch Ebay, I have seen some Abicor Binzel and sometimes torches from Kemppi/Fronius/Migatronic. Another option would be to get a Thermal Dynamics 1torch which can be retrofitted to any machine with the correct adapter kit.
    A 100A new machine torch on ebay can set you back around $300 while a 60A might be available for $180-$250.
    I recomend you search "All Contries/Regions" and try to use manufacturer names instead of english terms to get a wider selection.

Yours
    Jarl
    www.dallur.com