586,112 active members*
3,102 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question ZT1500Y M codes and ladder logic

I am currently working with a Mori Seiki ZT1500Y lathe. I am attempting to use the external M codes M440-M449. When inputting one of these codes ( M441 for example) the machine will close corresponding relays for M445 and M446. I have a ladder logic book and I have no idea why the relay M441 does not work when inputting the M441 M code and so on. I am only using M441 as an example for they all hit random relays from what I can tell. Does anyone know what address map / parameters need changed to correct this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Also, I have checked into the Ddata bits and they appeared correct. I have also seen the Internal relay in the ladder logic but I am not sure how they work.

Thanks.
    Jim

they are used for special options. are you just trying to see what they do or are you trying to add a new special function?
    if they are connected it will be shown in the ladder manual. if they are not connected some PMC parameters and the ladder and will need to be modified. it's a specialized job.

And if they were assigned to something like a steady rest, they may want to see a sequence like unclamp/move etc, that could be why your seeing a different M code relay activating, the ladder would be trying to sequence them. I don't have any m code lists for the lathes, so i can't look them up.

I am adding a parts catcher to this machine. The parts catcher will have six moments (pneumatic) and a conveyor. I am trying to use the Mcodes to turn the valves on and off. Each movement has a corresponding sensor for the signal back.

Can you scan the electrical prints for the M441-M449 and post them? Should show if they are user M-codes or assigned M-codes.