586,096 active members*
3,766 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > BobCAD CAM V25 Machine Simulation Pro

BobCAD CAM V25 Machine Simulation Pro

You no longer need to upgrade to the Multi Axis versions of BobCAD CAM V25 for machine simulation. Because so many customers requested the machine simulation option we've made it available to all V25 customers.

Here is a promotional video

White Paper Link: http://www.bobcad.com/wp-content/upl...Simulation.pdf

If there are any questions I can answer about machine simulation please let me know.
    Al DePoalo
    Partner Product Manager BobCAD CAM, Inc. 866-408-3226 X147

Al,
    Maybe an add-on module for the multi-axis tools,without having to upgrade to 4th or 5th axis.After all they can be used for 3 axis.Paying for an upgrade to 4th or 5th axis is just out of the cards when you only have 3 axis.

Maybe the zone can get another zone for Bobcad V25 3 axis users and not 4th and 5th axis. I agree most of us don't need it and don't want it.
    I hope that all of us 3 axis users aren't going to have to be paying for all the 4th and 5th axis development in our next V26 3 axis upgrade.

The machine simulation can be used by any BobCAD CAM customer. It allows you to build and simulation your machine. It's not just for 4 and 5 axis users....

jrmach is asking about tool types for 2D machining and we are working on adding that to our stand alone package. BobCAM V3 currently offers all tool types for 2D and 3D tool paths.

RAF, BobCAD keeps our software affordable for shops of all sizes. As we continue to develop our software to appeal to a wide range of shops we'll never loose focus of our main customer base. You don't need to worry, we are here for you!
    Al DePoalo
    Partner Product Manager BobCAD CAM, Inc. 866-408-3226 X147

Thanks Al that good to hear:banana::banana:

Thats pretty powerful Al.... Congrats to BobCad...

is this in an update , ? I think I'm missing something here ?
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

Add-On/Up-Grade =====for more $

oh
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

I am with jrmach on this one as well, I think it really bad to have v25 2D & 3D and not be able to use any tool in the library to do a simple 2d machining operation. I was just told in another thread I posted yesterday I have to purchase 4th axis to do 2D machining with any tool other than an end mill. WHAT!!!!!!!

And in an earlier post from Al , I really don't understand why it was not included but will be in V3. When can I download that upgrade? I currently need to use a dovetail cutter to do a profile cut and would prefer to not simulate with an end mill.

Nice feature, but I agree - I would have like to see this as a free upgrade. Of course, being a hobbyist I don't want to pay for it.

The way I would have packaged this new feature is to pass it as part of an update, with STL models for two or three popular hobbyist machines (Sieg X2, Sieg X3, and G0704) and sold a pro version where the customer was buying high fidelity models for the VMCs they had in shop.

Since my annual support is coming due, I would be more willing to pay for it if the simulation feature was part of the last update.

-Freeman
    CRP-4848 CNC Router, CNC G0463 (Sieg X3) Mill, 9"x20" HF CNC Lathe (current project)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Szweda View Post
    I am with jrmach on this one as well, I think it really bad to have v25 2D & 3D and not be able to use any tool in the library to do a simple 2d machining operation. I was just told in another thread I posted yesterday I have to purchase 4th axis to do 2D machining with any tool other than an end mill. WHAT!!!!!!!

And in an earlier post from Al , I really don't understand why it was not included but will be in V3. When can I download that upgrade? I currently need to use a dovetail cutter to do a profile cut and would prefer to not simulate with an end mill.
    The inability to pick a tool only affects the simulation.Any tool out there you can still use on 2D and spit out correct code.Depending on tool,there are different methods.Post a .bbcd file of what tool and path you are trying to do,,and we can show you.

How is this different from the Predator simulator we were sold?