586,103 active members*
3,489 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12
    Hello Jason,

I've been busy so I did not see your post until today.

For the record, I have had my CNC6040Z-S80 for 11 months now and I am completely satisfied with it.

I have cut mostly plastic parts but have on one occasion cut some .062 steel plate, using a 1/8" Onsrud cutter @ 11,000 rpm, .015 doc. The
    WD40 coolant mist smoked a bit but the part came out fine.

Having observed many issues with the typical EBAY router choices on this forum, I chose to get mine direct from CNC-Carving.

It was almost a turnkey solution …. take it out of the box, power it up, load up CUT2d and Mach 3, import DXF files from ACAD and cut parts.

Do get me wrong, there is a learning curve, bringing together this complete system, but that will happen no matter which system you get.

Today, the machine sits as I received it, no hardware issues what-so-ever. The only "tuning" I do is in the tool path setup for each job using

Cut2d. Can't remember changing anything in MACH3 after initial setup/configuration

here are the links to some photos of my machine and some parts I played with a few months back.
    I haven't taken the time to post any newer pics.

Router-cnc6040 - a set on Flickr

and

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6428334...7633998424130/

Brilliant photo set cnewb! That's the first time I've been able to see just how these differ from the generic Ebay ones, and I can say the build quality on yours is definitely superior. Some of the parts used also look to be better quality components, such as the t-slot, and obviously the drivers themselves, and the coolant pump.

Very nice looking machine.

cheers, Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

Page 2 of 2 12