586,077 active members*
3,938 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 9 of 19 7891011

Re: Emco Turn 220 P

What is the music at the beginning of the video? it's awesome!!!

Next funk - Everet Almond

:cheers:

I wrote this text to my virtual friend that have Emco 120 P, hope it helps to someone, so it is for video above.

You asked very good questions. I made from first try macro for controlling power chuck before year ago approximately, air cylinder need short burst of air that is pumped in cylinder and after that supply of air need to be shut down, otherwise when you rotate spindle you can feel some kind of dragging between of spindle and air cylinder so that how I made it for power chuck is 100% good, I programmed activation of valve to be open for 1.1 second, air is flowing to air cylinder , that is little be more but better more air then less. Air cylinder is like some smart compressor tank, it have valves inside and I noticed that it can hold for days parts inside in chuck . So I am talking for my cylinder, If you have like my cylinder then you need to do it like that otherwise play with your and figure it out how it works. I did not dissembled my all the way because I saw it works good so did not wanted to make my self additional problems because you have lot of places where are screws that can be adjusted and I do not have documentation how and what need to be adjusted.

So here comes part catcher, it is simple, in same time pair of electromagnetic valves are activated or deactivated, initially I set logic to be active high for output that control 2 solid state relay (probably I could use only one because as I said in same time pneumatic valves need to be activated or deactivated to extend or retract pneumatic actuator) , so with active high logic every time when I enter in Mach3 from some reason actuator for part catcher was extended end I needed to manually enter command in in MDI (manual data input) retract actuator, otherwise electromagnetic valves are becoming hotter and hotter as time passes, I was really asking my self how they become so hot when I applied 24 V on them and on them it say 24 V, so I changed logic of output that controls part cather to be low and I got that automatically actuator is every time retracted when I enter Mach3 (and I enter it a lot because of some problems) and only when I want to activate part catcher I activate output and current flows through valves for time while part catcher need to be opened, so in that way I manage to solve problem of over heating valves, to be honest I think something would burn up if I did not change that.

And now we come to tail stock, so that was only component that as I made macro was under power all the time, and as I figured out probably it would be good to operate it in way that current goes through valves only when needed, and I spent quite amount of time to solve this out, even thought it is not possible to make it, part of problem was that I realized that you have debugging in Visual Basic editor and when I run command by command I realized that I wanted to macro in which I activate valve and it need to be opened until sensor for end position where we going is not active, and when sensor is active valve need to be shut down in same time otherwise tailstock will pass over point where I want to stop it. Anyway I relaized that macro is not doing what I thought I proggramed and despite of that tailstock eventually worked so I was confused how this is possible, I made program loop that check all the time is sensor active, probbly with PLC it is easier to make because of way as PLC works, it scans all the time inputs and outputs...

So first thing what I did is to change logic from outputs be active low instead of high and after that I for hours try to play by changing otputs and sensors, everything mixed up after that so I was not even sure how to make it as it works now. So question about leaking is good one because how I made first time macro for controlling tail stock as I belive I kept both valves opened so I have continous supply of air in front and behind piston of tailstock so I could tolerate air leakage but bad thing is that valves are active all the time and they became really hot, try by yourself to activate one valve with 24 V and put hand on it after half of hour on it and let me know is that normal, I can imagine how wire inside is hot .

In way as tail stock works now problem could be air leaking so it all depends how good are connections of tubes . Probably it could be done some update with fresh air , I thought about it because I hear some air whistling , need to work on that more, but for sure in my opinion valves should not be active all the time.

About dangerous, for air cylinder that controls power chuck you need to apply in air tank/cylinder air under pressure, it does not need be under some value, you can adjust it (there is some component/ valve, probably it is called pressure switch whic if air drops under some value will cut some circuit and will not allow you to rotate spindle, I by experimenting concluded that air cylinder does not want to work physically when air is equal or less then 2 bars, probably that pressure can not generate force to move valves inside or something like that. So it can be dangerous, I mean I am not scarred just telling that if you have normally working cylinder and if you apply 6 bar of pressure you should not worried when you clamp the part in chuck, if you clamp it with 2.1 bars and you rotate it with 3000 RPM you can expect that if you do not use collects because of centrifugal force your jaws open and part being pushed by your cutting tool.

So basically point of my video is that I believe that valves should not be active all the time and how somebody will make that and to operate all the actuators is on them.

I made little longer description Hope it helps.

And this is new video, I installed from scratch recommended version of Mach3 , will send video to guys from CS Lab so they will try to help me to solve this problems. I noticed some differences between newest version and recommended, I get used to in (newest) on some thing (entering numbers in DRO) so now when am using recommended version I am not sure was that that same in newest or I just did noticed, for example program and part coordinate system I noticed when I enter zero in DRO it is not zero but as I remember in newest version it was zero even tip of tool radius was not zero , it was 0.05...
    It is just too much details

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=687pDHZL-XY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBxXSZwIiNo

:banana::wee::banana::wee:

Nice work.

I would suggest using peck drilling or dwelling for the deep hole to reduce the string problem.

Consider doing the outside shape before drilling, as you will get less deformation and easier to hit tolerances.
    7xCNC.com - CNC info for the minilathe (7x10, 7x12, 7x14, 7x16)

Quote Originally Posted by pippin88 View Post
    Nice work.

I would suggest using peck drilling or dwelling for the deep hole to reduce the string problem.

Consider doing the outside shape before drilling, as you will get less deformation and easier to hit tolerances.
    Hi, thx, thank you on advises.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is link on what was going on about post processor :

https://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,31899.0.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl-2NuXnBa0

tried some advises from CS Lab support, need to see will get in future ePID faults, threading still does not work as it should be, main thing I sorted CAM .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhQPxXn28vc

p.s. I solved cutting threads problems, I disabled (wrong move before year ago) Do Spin CW , Do Spin CCW and DO Spin Stop functions in m3, m4 and m5 macros ... will make video about that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nxhw9teFh8

So I am satisfied with cutting threads, also guy from CS Lab helped me to edit my macro for tool changer , thing is that for cutting thread machine is in mode feed revolution per min and when I enter in my macro for controlling tool changer, rotation of turret is calculated in that mode and because that mode is not canceled I had crazy rotation of turret, I showed everything in video, bu in case you do not have time to watch it I added G94 in same line where was G90 at the beginning of macro.

It is funny how many time I thought it is done , but I always discover that something is missing, now how it is, did not notice any problems, expect that maybe it could be written smarter so that it knows some how that after referencing it is possible to choose only tool number 1 , now how it is, if I do not go out of mach 3 and do ref turret and choose tool number 1 , then I need to do like this: ref turret, choose tool number 8 reference again and then choose tool number 1 (so this is way if I do not want to go and close mach3), it is stupid but it it is way ...

So this is how macro for tool changer looks like:

CurrentFeedrate = GetOemDRO(818)

Code"G90 G94"

Message "Previous tool was " &GetCurrentTool ()

OldTool= GetCurrentTool ()

NewTool = GetSelectedTool ()

SetCurrentTool (NewTool)

a=GetSelectedTool - OldTool

If (a = 1) Or (a = -7) Then
    Code "G91G01 Y1.251 F200"
    While IsMoving()
    sleep(50)
    Wend
    Code "G91G01 Y-0.201 F20"
    While IsMoving()
    sleep(50)
    Wend
    End If

If (a = 2) Or (a = -6) Then
    Code "G91G01 Y2.301 F200"
    While IsMoving()
    sleep(50)
    Wend
    Code "G91G01 Y -0.201 F20"
    While IsMoving()
    sleep(50)
    Wend
    End If

If (a =3) Or (a = -5) Then
    Code "G91G01 Y3.351 F200"
    While IsMoving()
    sleep(50)
    Wend
    While IsMoving()
    sleep(50)
    Wend
    End If

If (a =4) Or (a = -4) Then
    Code "G91G01 Y4.401 F200"
    While IsMoving()
    sleep(50)
    Wend
    While IsMoving()
    sleep(50)
    Wend
    End If

If (a =5) Or (a = -3) Then
    Code "G91G01 Y5.451 F200"
    While IsMoving()
    sleep(50)
    Wend
    While IsMoving()
    sleep(50)
    Wend
    End If

If (a =6) Or (a = -2) Then
    Code "G91G01 Y6.501 F200"
    While IsMoving()
    sleep(50)
    Wend
    While IsMoving()
    sleep(50)
    Wend
    End If

If (a =7) Or (a = -1) Then
    Code "G91G01 Y7.551 F200"
    While IsMoving()
    sleep(50)
    Wend
    While IsMoving()
    sleep(50)
    Wend
    End If

Code " G90 "
    Code "F" & CurrentFeedrate

so I am newbie with Gcode. Was playing with post processor for Partmaster Lathe V13 and got advise from friend to try to use G49 and G43 to control my tool changer as I want.

So today I went to do some testing how G49 work, before that I surfed on net to see how it is used and what it does, it say:

To use no tool length offset, program: G49 , also found term to cancel tool offset.

So will try to explain what I did, I have tool changer with 8 tools, DIY ATC , it only rotates turret on commands T0x0x (x can be number from 1 to eight), I measured tool offsets according to my master tool and entered them in my Tool table in Mach3 , everything works correct.

Next what I did I choose tool number 1 (my master tool, and set it to show coordinates x=0, Z=0 in DRO), now I wanted to see what will happen when I enter G49 in MDI )manual data input), so I entered G49 and after that T0808, turret rotated to tool number 8 and I expected that when I read data for coordinates on DRO it will say x=0, z=0, but it was for example X=10, Z=20. Tried same experiment with G43 but nothing changed.

In general configuration I checked under Tool Change options, Auto tool changer, I also tried with Ignore tool chane but even with that option I could change tools, I enter T0101 , I get tool number 1 in its coordinate system, enter tool T0808 again I get tool 8 in offset ed coordinate system according to tool 1 (master tool).

So, what I am doing wrong if I am doing wrong and how should look G49 (what I can see on screen so I now it works good) when it is used good. I tried to search net but I mange to find threads where they use that only for cnc mills so I am not sure why I can not find some example with use for cnc lathe and Mach3 Turn.

Any help will be appreciated,
    thx

at linuxcnc the toolchange needs an m6 for just do it write like t1 m6 ,.. maybe the same at mach

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tkamsker View Post
    at linuxcnc the toolchange needs an m6 for just do it write like t1 m6 ,.. maybe the same at mach

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Hi, it seams That G49 does not work in Mach3 Turn (I asked for help on Mach3 forum also), got advice to use T0000, it will not rotate tool changer and will have same effect as G49, I will activate coordinate system with out offsets so it will be like I have my Master tool coordinate system active, only thing is that macro that controls rotation of turret become an synchronized , because of functions that I must use to determine for how much to rotate it. So need to reedit function some how and then it will work as I wanted, will see ,will make video with crazy test

Page 9 of 19 7891011