586,094 active members*
3,949 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > SIEMENS Sinumerik CNC controls > SIEMENS -> GENERAL > Work Offset on Rotating Axis with Traori on ... How to get this?

Work Offset on Rotating Axis with Traori on ... How to get this?

840D controller
    I am programming a 5-axis Turbine Airfoiling machine which has the X, Y, Z and a A-axis/AA-axis as the rotating (lathe like) axis and the B-axis as the articulating head which is attached the Y-axis.
    I am trying to activate a work offset of G505 with an A-Axis angle; however, the machine does not seem to response to this offset after the TRAORI is on.
    I am activating the G505 after the TRAORI command. It seems to correctly response to a X-axis offset; however, the A-axis offset is ignored.
    Is there any way to get an A-axis rotation compensation after the TRAORI transformation is executed?
    Or for that matter compensate the A-axis after the TRAORI is on?
    Or is this something the machine builder can over-ride?
    Thanks,

To get the best answer to your great question, I would recommend that you open a service request case with Siemens. They will often escalate this type of question from the hotline technical support group to an applications engineering group. You can enter a service request case here: http://support.automation.siemens.com using the Support Request link in the Ask the Expert box.

It will be difficult to explaining this via the web forum since it will likely require information transfer back and forth such as machine builder, examples of what the customer is trying to program and so on.

Additionally if you are in the USA, you can open a case by calling 800-879-8079 which will get esclated to an application engineer in the SINUMERIK CNC group based in Elk Grove Village, IL