586,640 active members*
2,552 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc alpha Series Drive replacement procedure

Fanuc alpha Series Drive replacement procedure

Dear Experts.
    I have LeadWell LTC35CLM Machine. my program is working fine and after 3 to 4 minutes a terrible sound occurs in machine and X-Axis Load Bar Shows Full on Display. when i check then i see there is vibrating in X-Axis Motor i connect ampere meter on X-Axis amplifier Output connection and when fault occur it show me 70 to 80 ampere of current reading so i decide to first replace X-Axis Servo Amplifier Model Number A06B-6114-H209. am i correct? send me the complete replacement procedure of Alpha Series Servo Amplifier. because i have another drive but not configured on this machine so how to set parameter and optimize amplifier for machine X-Axis. complete detail of installing new drive.
    Regards
    ELAB

hi
    As per replacing the drive you can simple remove and install new alpha drive for checking as their is no parameters required to set if your other drive is of same specs.
    But it is always better to check the drive in doubt in another machine as some fault in your machine can cause problem to new drive also.
    and give some details about the alarm which comes in machine and the fanuc control in your machine.

Dear jjautomation
    Thanks for your reply. i have same amplifier but it is different machine which is configured with different parameters. so please send me the procedure how i can change this amplifier with my faulty amplifier to confirm the fault.
    Alarm Details:
    Alarm 436: n-Axis Soft thermal OVC: The digital servo software detected the soft thermal state (OVC).

Some time it also shows the

Alarm 401: n-Th Axes (1-4) servo amplifier ready signal (DRDY) went off

Machine Serial Number : L2TJG0067

Lead Well Lathe Machine Model No.LTC35CLM with FANUC Oi-Tc Model

As I already told you, alpha drive doesn't have parameters in the drive. You can replace the drive of same spec anytike, without any need to change parameters.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

can you also give comments about under mentioned error codes. are these seem like drive error or any other.

Alarm 436: n-Axis Soft thermal OVC: The digital servo software detected the soft thermal state (OVC).
    Some time it also shows the
    Alarm 401: n-Th Axes (1-4) servo amplifier ready signal (DRDY) went off

You didn't mention how alarm occurs, while running or just turning ON the machine?

Soft thermal alarm comes from digital servo. There is one parameter in the machine of soft OVC limit. I dont remember parameter no. Check parameter manual of machine control. Check if motor in actual is getting heat up. You can increase the value in parameter if motor is not heated up

Just turning on the machine all is ok. when program starts and machine is running after 3 to 4 minutes these fault occurs.

If motor is getting heat up, check load on axis. Excess load on axis causes this alarm.

Motor is not heat up. but there is too much vibration in motor only when fault occurs otherwise motor is normal. and there is no Excess load on axis. sometimes motor vibrates and automatically go to normal position and after sometime again vibrate and set normal but when these fault occurs then we have to shut down the control and again on the control then again run the program.

Thankyou very much for your details replays..

The machine working well but after 10~20 mins x-axis gives noise and vibration and also motor starts vibrates but not feels like heating up... some times after vibration, noise and vibration automatically stopped within few seconds and machine getting back normal and some time OVC alarm appear on control. we measure the current of servo amp output phase. at the time of vibration the peak is 70amp per phase. and in normal condition it is 12~13 amp per phase. It i increase the parameter of OVC from control. whether our vibration problem will be solved or only it may increase the alarm limit...
    thanking you

Sounds to me like the x axis brake is not releasing.