586,103 active members*
3,181 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Any Velox CNC users or feedback?

I am fortunate to live in southern California (not only the weather) but proximity to K2 CNC as well as Velox. I went by a few weeks ago and saw the shop and some machines they were working on. Really unbeliveable quality. Everthing is machined in their shop with one of the 4 HAAS machines they have. The stuff is top notch. I was looking at a 24x24 model. I have bought 2 CNC machines in the past 3 years and seen many such as XZero, Romaxx,Shopbot and others but this stuff is in a different league. I ordered a custom size machine that shouyld arrive pretty soon. I'll be sure to post some pictures when its ready.
    Just would like to hear your feedback if you guys own one or have seen them before.

I too live in so.Cal and will be calling them on monday to check them out. What machines have you owned and what size machine are you getting? What was there lead time? I am new to this world of cnc and have been consumed by the net this week investigating all the possibilities. There is a lot to choose from but not a lot when your start narrowing it down for quality and precision. It seems the hiwin rails are the choice for less movement and having a motor on each side driving the gantry is more accurate from what I have been told. so far I like the PDJ kit pilot pro and the camaster stinger 1..Probotix looks good too. I really love the design of the Platform cnc but it have v rails on it. I would buy that if I could retro fit the hiwin rails but I do not think it is possible...

Did you check them out yet?
    My machine is home up and running. Amazing machine. Well built and super rigid. Ron built me a custom size machine 36x38 to fit a dedicated space in my shop. Much better than most table tops I have owned or seen. I'll put some pics up soon.
    The guys have been great and their support is phenomenal. Check them out....

Sounds cool, anxious to see some of those pics,

Quote Originally Posted by peterm View Post
    Did you check them out yet?
    My machine is home up and running. Amazing machine. Well built and super rigid. Ron built me a custom size machine 36x38 to fit a dedicated space in my shop. Much better than most table tops I have owned or seen. I'll put some pics up soon.
    The guys have been great and their support is phenomenal. Check them out....
    Looking forward to photos as well.