586,076 active members*
3,822 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > dynamite 2400 mach3 converson

dynamite 2400 mach3 converson

I am new to the site and new to cnc machining i recentaly purchased a dynamite 2400 cncmill with out the controller and i did some resurch and decided the mach3 conversion is the way I am going to go. I have purchased a breakout board and mach3. I do not have a wire scematic for the mill and would like any information anyone would be willing to share. thanks Doug

The Soigeneris website has the downloadable manuals.

Look at the Dyna Mechtronics list and click on the first two related download links.

I searched on "dyna myte 2400 CNC mill schematic" to find it and other links that may be useful, including YouTube videos.
    CarveOne
    http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com

Ok thanks I will give Soigeneris a try.

If you choose to use the original stepper motor drives, you will have to add some circuitry to "stretch" the pulses from mach3. The pulse width is too small for those old drivers to see them. I converted one machine and made my own board to do this. If you search dyna 2400 under my screen name you should be able to find some long winded threads on the topic.

Matt

Pm me your email. I will send you the manuals. So you didnt get the electronics box (controller)? Because a fellow member here did figure out how to interface with the original boards. http://www.cnczone.com/forums/bencht...soft_mach.html
    Otherwise a G540 will take care of all of your needs quite well using the original steppers if you desire.

I am not real great with computers how would i do a search under your screen name? Thanks for the info Doug

Damiot,

I'm looking forward to seeing your conversion. Please post a lot of pictures and information.
    The DynaMite tool line are really well built, albeit compact.
    In addition to the optional (but highly recommended) break out board (aka BOB) - you will need motor controllers for the milling machine's steppers or servo's.
    I have used Gecko Stepper controllers on my CNC Lathes and Router, and highly recommend them.
    I have used LarKen Viper 200 Servo controllers on my milling machine upgrade - and also highly recommend them.
    If you do have Servo's - you are going to have to try to find a controller that can work with the encoder that is used in the milling machine. I had no luck in getting the optical scales that came with my machine (a SuperMax YCM-30) with LarKen Vipers - and resorted to adding US Digital rotary encoders.

Looking forward to your posts!

Joe
    www.CNC-Joe.com
    CNC Is Not Just My Passion.. It's My Addiction !!!!

Re: dynamite 2400 mach3 converson

Hi Damiot,
    I have been given the task of converting the Dyna Myte 2400 to Mach 3. Can you please fill me in on how this went? Any information would be very helpful.