586,110 active members*
3,294 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > Carousel Problem on VMC1000 TNC426 Tool Changer Not At Pocket Alarm
    iknownothing Guest

Carousel Problem on VMC1000 TNC426 Tool Changer Not At Pocket Alarm

hi All,
    as above, I have an error on my VMC1000 that I am unable to clear,
    When I start my machine, I can reference ok, but as soon as I try and call a tool either by MDi or via a program I get the following alarm,
    Tool Changer Not At Pocket Alarm
    The drum rotates ok, but alarms out.
    All switches have tested ok,
    Any ideas?

Two proximity switches inside the box above the tool carrosel. One for tool number 1 and one for tool count and if the driven disk that this 2nd proximity switch watches does not stop in the right place, you will get that tool not in pocket alarm.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Hello,

Were you able to solve this problem? I am having the same problem on my Bridgeport VMC 560, with Hiedenhain TNC 370. Request you to let me know how you solved it. It came out of nowhere, in middle of Cycle Run, no accidents, nothings... just got this message out of the blue, while the Tool Change was about to happen.

Tried to restart the machine, it does reference positioning okay, but then while try to initiate a Tool Change, is giving this message.

Thanks!

ASD

Hello,

Just a follow note: We solved our problem, as George had pointed out, there are 2 proximity switches in the ``box'' on top of the Tool changer. On opening the cover we saw that both the Proximity Switches were in the active state. We just forced sense on one of them and the tool changer was back to normal working condition.

Thanks!

ASD