39 70.91%
  • SOLID TOOLS

13 23.64%
  • 3RD PARTY PLUG AND PLAY

10 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 10 1234
    Lakeside
    I agree it would be nice to have more color choices. But its a nice uprade. Being able to open solidworks files is a nice plus. I really like bobnest though and thinking about getting it.

i have bobnest only for contract programming if you don't have a water jet of tourch something along those line you can do just a much with translate.rotate and copy

Hey, cncdude I haven't heard from you yet. Todd

Hey cnc dude do you think Bobcad will have the help files for version 21 before 22 comes out lets look at the fact we are on version 21.2 and it's only been out a month!!!!!!!!!!

Bobart is done with current code for either opengl or directx (can't remember which I was told). Bocad has it's own code for graphics drawing. This proprietary code restricts the usage of windows standard pallets that come with opengl and directX programming.

This makes it very difficult for Bobcad to add graphics features to the CAD window. However I heard they are working on ways to change this but do not have a clue as to how or when. (salesman told me lie (chair) so I would only be guessing as to how much I truely know)

Quote Originally Posted by tjones
    (salesman told me lie (chair) so I would only be guessing as to how much I truely know)
    A bobcad saleman told a lie, I just find that sooooooo hard to beleive

If you believe everything a salesman says then I some ocean front property here in TN for sale too. :devious: :drowning:

How much do you want for that prime property?
    thanks Kenneth
    www.lambertsrc.com

Exclamation hpgl export

do you have hpgl export

I need bobcad but only if he had hpgl export

i dont now much about bobcad i just have find out from a friend dat bobcad have HPGL export,that all folks

We have developed a post processor for HPGL output and it is available with the Version 21 system.

I dont think it does, at least I couldn't find a way.
    Randy

Question Hpgl?

Ok, I give up. What is HPGL? Definition and Function? Is it anything like OpenGL? Or a File Extension? What is It?

Anyone?
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Arrow

Ok, did a search "HPGL". Found some info, but still doesn't fully answer the question of why this is such a great thing to have when Graphic Printing is already in most Software. Does HPGL do something else that is of great benifit?

Maybe more printing options or capabilities? An additional Graphics extchange like IGES, or STEP?

Hewlett Packard Graphics Language.

I must be missing something?
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Hpgl

HPGL is/was a commonly used format vector (I'm sure Straight Line Vectors) for moving pens around in pen plotters. So it is fairly good at describing 2D objects. The commands in 2-axis are not unlike G-code. As plotters used this many programs can output in this format. Of course arcs and circles madeup of even tiny straight lines are not realy arcs or circles. Postscript was a true vector output but was expensive for the device manufacturer to licence as well as the end user.

I have in the past written code to convert HPGL into an Autocad Script file so I could massage the original.
    Brian
    The Sawdust Creator

HPGL- (Hewlett Packard Graphic Language)

HPGL it is a way of describing a vector image for a printer, plotter or other HPGL compliant machine. It is only 2D.

Regards

Question Hpgl

I have an HP psc 1210v all in one printer-scanner-copier. What is are the advantages of having HPGL? Are you implying that the information sent from the computer to the printer will be processed faster? Or am I way off base?

I'm still a bit confused on the advantages of HPGL. Hewlett Packard Graphic Language.

The HP psc 1210v already prints drawings from BCC and others. Do other Printers have problems communicating with CAD/CAM Software?
    Aren't all printers 2D?
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Hpgl

No I think that the gist of this question is why use HPGL.

Some graphics programs can print HPGL and this can be imported into some Gcode creating progtrams. It may not be the best way but if you have no other way then it will be useful. I'm not sure but vinyl cutters for instance could use HPGL so a program for creating vinyl cut letters could have the output imported into Bobcad to produce Gcode Ok there are other ways that this could be achieved but this would work. HPGL2 however is more advanced and may have reaster information embedded in the code.

A client may have some art work in some obscure format that they can print in HPGL if the file is saved instead of printed then you may be able to convert to Gcode and do the job.

I hope this helps
    Brian
    The Sawdust Creator

Quote Originally Posted by CNCdude
    Hello Toolroom, Lakeside and all.
    BobCAD-CAM V21 was released yesterday to all customers as an upgrade to the V20 system. The addition of SolidWorks and Parasolids X_B & X_T file support has pleased the majority. There are other features and questions I have seen in this thread I will try to answer. V21 does include a "What's New in V21" training video that I did to help bring you up to speed. If you do have an older version of BobART or the BobNEST, there are upgrades to those plug-ins as well. The latest is BobNEST V2.0 and BobART PRO-X. If you had either of these in V20 you will have no problem accessing them in V21. In otherwords you don't have to keep buying the same plug-in each time you upgrade to another main system. The project function opens the door to some pretty cool capabilities and I show you how to use it in the new video that comes with the system. Any questions just email me.
    Sincerely,
    CNC Dude
    [email protected]
    Sounds like a sales pitch to me!

Page 2 of 10 1234