586,076 active members*
3,768 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: 867 Error

867 Error

Hi,
    We are getting an 867 error on our VK-45 mkII

It appears after power on/start hydraulics.

It is apparently related to a "4th axis velocity feedback disconnect".

However we do not have a 4th axis board installed.

Has anyone encountered this or similar and have any suggestions.

Cheers

Robert

Robert, did you ever have a fourth axis installed on this machine, either when you owned it or otherwised?

John

Hi John,

The machine was purchased new and has never been equipped for 4th axis.

There is no 4th axis board in it either.

It appears to be wanting feedback and, because it is not getting one, then packs a sad. (IMHO and I could be wrong)

Any advice appreciated.

Robert

Robert,

if it never had the 4th axis, then it should be a parameter issue. I am assuming it has seicos II for control? Double check your parameter sheets, and I will see what i can find.

John

Just De activate the 4th axis from parameters , That is all , The machine is looking for the 4th axis due to wrong parameters , So remove the 4th axis from parrameters
    Regards

Thanks nautomation.
    I will get this looked at, however we have another issue which i will start a new thread for, relating to the same machine, but this time it's an air pressure low error which we can't clear. However, it's a different issue so i think the right thing to do is start another thread. Thanks to all who helped with this thread,

Hi All,
    The new thread i started is here;
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/hitach...ml#post1339622
    The two problems are probably related, but not sure how at this stage,
    Thanks everyone.

Hi Robert,

Some new information: The machine *does* have a 4th axis - it is a DT (direct tapping?) axis. I have also seen a picture of a diagnostic sheet which shows that the solution for error 867 is to check the encoder cable and replace if necessary, also check the encoder and replace if necessary.
    Attached is a pic of the encoder i think - can anyone verify this?
    Thanks,
    Daryl.Attachment 200002

That is the encoder for the spindle drive orientation and DT. If you have the DT option enabled, then it is possible that the encoder is acting crazy and giving erroneous feedback. Check the encoder for gunk/grease as well.

John

Thanks John.

Info from one of our people who knows the machine well: its a VK-45 MKII WITH A SEICOS MK-3 CONTROLLER 1996...No 4th axis control!!

So there is no 4th axis turntable, just the DT option.

John: How would i test the encoder feedback?

Thanks,

Daryl,

are you able to do anything with the machine. The easiest test would be to give it and M19 to force orientation, if it lines up and does so in a smooth motion, then the encoder *may* be OK. You never know until you do some tapping. If not, then you are getting bad feedback. Also, what is the ladder version. I am confused by the post, is it a MKII (Micon II) or MKIII (Micon III) control you have. If you can give me the ladder version I can trace it here and help you out more efficiently.

John

Hi John. We can't get the machine to start up - there is a low air pressure error (although air pressure is fine) and the 4th axis feedback line disconnected error.
    I will ask about the control.
    I may have stumbled upon some more info. In the attached pic there is a board. I have traced the cables from the encoder to this board, and i would have expected to see some voltage on the + pin (or at least some voltage on *any* pin on the whole board) - but there is no voltage anywhere. There is 24v on a cable marked '24v' in another part of the box, and the machine is powered up, so maybe we have a faulty power supply?
    Does anyone recognise the board in the pic? Its in the box which sits at the very top above the spindle, and it's on the left of the box (when you are standing on the top of the machine facing the back of the operators panel)
    Regards,

Daryl.Attachment 200436

Hi John,
    I believe it is a SEICOS III - see the attached pics.
    Attachment 200448
    Attachment 200450
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130912_141902.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	113.1 KB 
ID:	200452

Name:	IMG_20130912_141930.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	108.9 KB 
ID:	200454

Name:	IMG_20130912_141953.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	131.8 KB 
ID:	200456
    All boards seem to be "made in japan", but the parentage of various components confuses me.

Daryl,

definitely a MIII. I have a copy of the ladder diagram, let me trace it and see what I find. Can you tell me the P/N of that board. If the machine is on, there should be some sort of power to the encoders. But from your control rack, everything looks to be fine. Unlikely, but your SAMS and SASS1 are the axis control boards, so you may have a problem originating from those, but again, it doesn't seem to fit the bill. Assuming your ladder version is something like 2732H01M, I will take a look. If you could let me know which specific version that would be helpful.

John