586,075 active members*
3,803 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > OneCNC > ONECNC XR4 Professional Fanuc O-M NIGHTMARE!!!

ONECNC XR4 Professional Fanuc O-M NIGHTMARE!!!

Hi Everyone, I am just wondering if anyone has done any 3d stuff with XR4 pro on a fanuc O-M

I have a Hartford VMC35 and used XR3 mill express for 2.5 years, it was easy to learn and never had a drama with it.

However when I upgraded to XR4 mill proffesional to try and do very basic 3d pocketing (really it is only quite simple 2.5d... basically pockets where each wall may have a different taper) my nightmare started.

2D stuff still works fine, but I have multiple crashes! Destroying tools and jobs all over the place. I Rang ONECNC and made all the changes that they suggested but it still did it. Eventually they said it was the fault of my machine. I doubt that very much as every time I would make a change suggested by them, it made no difference and the job would crash in exactly the same spot.

I had a big job that needed doing and so paid someone with mastercam to write the program for me, which ran successfully.

I continue to use it for 2D but maybe 1 in 5 programs done in 3d run without crashing.
    I have lost about $1500 worth of tools and heaps of aluminium.

I had another job which needed doing urgently and decided to try again, but it crashed yet again. I rang one of ONECNC's agents who was working at a machine with a Fanuc O-M and we went through all the parameters in the post processor, and made a few changes, but as you can guess by now, same result. crashes in exactly the same spot.

It seems like they have run out of ideas.
    It is massively frustrating as any mastercam file I have gotten done will run fine.

Any clues would be appreciated.

Oh yeah, this has been going on for 2 years!

The suggestions made by one cnc

Change to line to arcs
    slow down the program as my machine cant keep up
    buy another mill, as it is obviously my problem.

Tool length offset problem?

Based on a 2009 thread I just found on the onecnc forums it looks like you were having a problem with tool length offsets in the library. Specifically editing the tool number and offset but not the tool description which resulted in the post not actually performing a tool change. Do you still see this?

Since this issue seems to be sporadic I wonder if it is due to certain tools in your library being setup funny.

wonk123

Post the Part of the program that causes you the problem
    Mactec54

We had an issue when using arcs for curves instead of line segments. The g02 in the code would have higher resolution than the Fanuc could calculate, so instead of an arc with the center 20" away (as coded), you would get an arc in the opposite direction 2" away. Those are not the real numbers, but I think you get the idea. We solved the problem by switching to using lines. Unfortunately, it meant we now had to drip feed, but at least it worked.