586,065 active members*
4,884 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Fanuc 18T - Parameters

Hi all
    Couple of questions on the Fanuc 18T controller

1. Which parameters lets you control the speed at which you can manually increase the spindle speed, (in Jog mode). Some of the machines only go upto 600 revs, others upto 2000 revs.

2. Can you drip feed on a 18T controller.

I have more but can't remember them at the moment.

you can drip feed on the 18t

Cool I need to read up on how to drip feed on the 18t

Another one, one of my machines does not show the spindle speed when running or even when you increase it manually, wierd I know, but I sure its just another parameter, I mean how many people don't want to know the spindle speed????

Hey Lakeside,
    Do you have experience with the 18 series? I have an 18M that I would like to set up to drip feed. No ethernet card, just plain RS232 port. Fanuc told me I needed the ethernet card or a Handy-File was the only way to do it. Both were way over my budget. I bought the machine used and it was bought with the memory maxed out by the first owner. But sooner or later I will want to do some die work for myself and would like to set it up to drip-feed. Also there is no tape mode switch or soft key on the machine. Ther is a soft key that says "Chain" on one of the communications pages but I have not been able to get that to work yet. It could be my homeade cabling or settings I just haven't come up with the right combination to work yet. Regular program communication works fine. Any help would be appreciated.

Did you ever resolve this issue? Tape mode can be retro-fitted to most 18 series controls pretty easily.
    Paul Sevin - Ovation Engineering, Inc.
    http://www.ovationengineering.com

Is that what I need to have done? I called Fanuc and they did not mention that option. As I understand it you must modify the Ladder logic? Or is it possibly just a mechanical switch installed in the correct place. I have heard of it costing $1200-$1500 to install a tape mode on older controls. I was hoping to find someone that could tell me if the soft key that says chain was a switch to drip-feed or not.

DNC reqmts.

DNC requires that G43.5 be active. You can search the ladder to see if there is logic present that would activate this bit under a given set of circumstances. If so, you can trace the elements in that rung to see what is required. If not, the ladder can be edited and an additional switch added (or possibly the existing switchmodified) for about the cost you quoted.
    Paul Sevin - Ovation Engineering, Inc.
    http://www.ovationengineering.com

you should be able to find the parameters to adjust the jog feed in the parameter book that comes with the controls, it took me approx. 2 weeks to set ours up to meet our needs. the reason being is that there are so many parameters & they spread them out so it is hard to find the right one..good luck