586,116 active members*
3,354 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Water Chiller CW-3000 ....Beeping

I just bought a used 80 watt CO2 laser cutter and came with a CW-3000 water chiller, I fill up the tank and connected the IN/OUT hoses to the laser, but when I turn on the Chiller, the Alarm Light is ON and beeps 3 times pauses and beeps 3 times constantly. I can see the water temperature and the fan in the back is working but NO water flow.

There is not much information about the troubleshooting so I was wondering if you guys know what could be the problem? Im thinking a bad water pump.

PS: I have nothing connected to the alarm plug in the back.

Check the chillers temp settings. Check the hose connections(they may be backwards), 80 watts on a CW3000 is above what would be sensible, they can handle 40 to 60 watts but not much more as they have no refrigerant systems (they blow room temp air over some coils of water nothing more).

Could be the water pump but that is usually pretty reliable on the 3000 series.

cheers

Dave

The normal output of cw3000 is dc24v. If 24v output is Ok, then maybe the water pump has probem. If not, then maybe the water pump or switch psu has problem.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 11.PNG  
    G.Weike Laser
    [email protected] [email protected] skype:melody.gweike

Quote Originally Posted by Exsecratio View Post
    Check the chillers temp settings. Check the hose connections(they may be backwards), 80 watts on a CW3000 is above what would be sensible, they can handle 40 to 60 watts but not much more as they have no refrigerant systems (they blow room temp air over some coils of water nothing more).

Could be the water pump but that is usually pretty reliable on the 3000 series.

cheers

Dave
    I had air in the system and the flow sensor kept the system in alarm mode, I just forced water into the system to remove the air and it worked. I have a 40watt laser engraver that I use with a cooler and ice, works 10 times better than this chiller. I plan to buy the CW-5000 or modify my mini refrigerator and make a chiller out of it.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Gweikelasers View Post
    The normal output of cw3000 is dc24v. If 24v output is Ok, then maybe the water pump has probem. If not, then maybe the water pump or switch psu has problem.
    My chiller doesnt look anything like that one, mine has a coil with fins on it like a normal evaporator and a red flow sensor.

Can I suggest that you disconnect the cooling system from the tube and see if the pump will circulate water. I had this issue on my machine some years ago when I ran it for about a year without treating the water. If the pump runs without the alarm going off then you have a blockage in the tube - Mine was corroded in the aluminium fitting where the water entered the tube, I cleaned it out by using a small drill by hand to break out the corrosion, I then connected it back up and changed the water to have some glycol , antifreeze, in it and it has run fine for the last 3 years - just a thought.

Re: Water Chiller CW-3000 ....Beeping

we are the CW-3000 chiller manufacturer,
    The fault reason:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	238472
    please contact us
    Email:[email protected]

hello,
    We are the chiller CW-3000 manufacturer, thank you for using S&A chiller
    Now I show to how to solve the problem.

1. Please make sure to turn off the power of the chiller;
    2. Using a pipe to connect water inlet to the outlet as shown belowAttachment 261280

Quote Originally Posted by cdesigns View Post
    I just bought a used 80 watt CO2 laser cutter and came with a CW-3000 water chiller, I fill up the tank and connected the IN/OUT hoses to the laser, but when I turn on the Chiller, the Alarm Light is ON and beeps 3 times pauses and beeps 3 times constantly. I can see the water temperature and the fan in the back is working but NO water flow.

There is not much information about the troubleshooting so I was wondering if you guys know what could be the problem? Im thinking a bad water pump.

PS: I have nothing connected to the alarm plug in the back.
    S&A company specializes in producing industrial water chillers for more than 12 years , S&A chiller series include:CW-3000,CW-5000,CW-5200,Email: [email protected]

Hi I really need help with this

I have a laser cutter 6840 that has a cw-3000
    Chiller . My laser cutter has been working well for the past month since I have purchased it . But this morning my chiller E0S Alarms repeatedly . I checked for blockages , and changed the water several times. But unfortunately the alarm hasn't stopped . I have noticed that there is no water pressure coming out of the chiller inlet and outlet . Has the pump broken down ?

Is there anything I can do to fix this issue ?
    What cause these problems ??

George

Hello all,

My CW-300 chiller is blowing fuses on power-up. Was doing just fine yesterday.
    Teyu - any advice?

I will be opening her up to take a look inside today, but any speedy advice is highly appreciated!