586,060 active members*
4,483 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

G71 G70 Strange Anomaly

Hi to you all, could not find a section of the forum to post this question so I will try here.

The lathe in question is a Colchester Multiturn running a Fanuc OI-TC (I think thats right) Control

The problem,

I programmed a G71 Roughing Cycle to produce an Internal Bore and then finished it with a G70 Finishing Cycle. I use the same tool (T707) to perform both operations. When I run the program fully, the boring bar completes the roughing cycle, picks up the finishing cycle and produces the part without any issues.

So then I find my bore is a little tight so I adjust the tool in the offsets and then run JUST the G70 Finishing Cycle but instead of the tool moving to the start position as programmed, it wants to go to a point that is somewhere well down the spindle of the chuck, like Z-150mm (I get this value from the distance to go value on the screen)

I have checked and double checked my data and it looks fine, the really strange thing is if I go back and run the program from the roughing cycle, the control executes the finishing cycle without any problems, its just when I want to run the program from the finish cycle that the problem occurs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

When you call the G70-lines you need the first line of your programm to, T707, S, M3/M4 etc.
    Maybe you can use the GOTO123 function to jump to line N123 f.e.

Regards.
    Heavy_Metal.