586,119 active members*
3,607 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: plasma table

plasma table

Hello i got the plans but could not open . is it possible to build (4x8) starter
    for around 2000-2500 can$ i have access to 1 inch hardened thompson shaft,
    could this be used for xy ?
    Thanks

Question Plasma Table Build

Quote Originally Posted by welderman
    Hello i got the plans but could not open . Thanks
    To open the plans, of course you need to have a CAD program. If you do not, there are free ones that can be downloaded to open the plans. ProgeCad LT & A9CAD are a couple available. If you need more help there are many others here willing to assist with answers.

Costs to build a table can vary widely depending on your building skills & ingenuity as well as buying skills, or materials on hand. The quality or accuracy of components incorporated into the project also affect total outlay.

One builder recently posted that he paid $1700 US to have a 4' X 8' (bare) plasma table fabricated. Add to this the cost of bearings, guides, drive mechanisms, motors, electronic controls, & plasma arc cutting machine suitable for the material thickness to be severed.

Another post for a self built, 4' X 4' plasma cutting table states total cost of $3600 US, including plasma cutter.

The 1" Thompson shafts with proper bearings would likely be excellent for the X & Y axis. Overall budget likely needs to be increased.

Ask, study, then say "I Can Build That" then build it.

P.S.- The link to the 90 pictures that I recently put in the Weldtutor plasma table build log, is being built in your province.

Now Easy To Print Plans

Quote Originally Posted by welderman
    Hello i got the plans but could not open . Thanks
    The Free Plasma Table Plans can now be easily opened & printed by a PDF reader such as Adobe Reader, if you do not have a CAD program.

Check posts # 43, 44, & 46 in the Free Plasma Table Plans thread.