586,121 active members*
3,173 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > v25 - Build 996 Won't delete an empty layer, won't export to .dxf.

Question v25 - Build 996 Won't delete an empty layer, won't export to .dxf.

Hi all,

Searched all i could to see if this has been covered but I'm on company time here. I made a set of prints across multiple layers for a customer that requires they be sent to them in .dxf. If I do not compact all the drawings to one layer BobCAD will crash every time when i try to save with a .dxf extension.

Right now I have a conundrum, I have all but 2 layers left, one with all of my drawings, the other is blank, as fas as i can tell. I have unblanked everything, and I have deleted all I could and yet it still gives me the error when I try to delete that "empty" layer.

I realize how frustrating it is when people bring up things that have been covered a million times and I'm sorry if I am doing this, I'm just trying to get this done.

I tried submitting a bug report to Bob but they just came back with a sales pitch to pay for their support services which leads me to believe I am doing something wrong. Any and all help would be appreciated!

Pete

The easiest fix, without getting long and drawn out, is to make the geometry layer active and visible and the other layer hidden, then hit Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C then Ctrl+N Then Ctrl+V and save it....

Ok, so the answer is to just copy what i have to a new doc... I can run with that!

Years of TopSolid just to leave for another job and have to re-learn a different system. Thanks for your help.

Just for your information, the dxf translator will be more of a limited format. It wont be transfering "all and everything" like a full blown Autocad translation....

What is a better option for making BobCAD drawing available to AutoCAD users?

Well, DWG for sure.

I don't think there is anything wrong with bringing up something that has been covered before that is how you become very good at what you do.
    And for some of us old guys its just like a new subject anyways.