Hello.

A friend got this CNC recently, yesterday we powered it on, but the problem is that the program just hangs on one screen the whole time. The machine was standing for a couple of months, but was claimed to be working properly (as they all do :P). It does show some possible faults, but as I'm new to this machine, dont really know where to start.

This is the screen at which it just hangs. Its running Win95, it boots up ok, but the program wont start.

On the back, PS EMG and BAT ALM lights are on, but the voltages of the power supply are fine (as far as I've checked). The battery could be dead, we didn't check that, but that shouldn't be the reason why the machine wont boot up, I guess.

NC led stays counts to 9, and just stays there. WD ER led is also on, but not sure what its that for, didnt find anything in the documentation.

My thinking is that its the PC's fault, maybe a software issue, or perhaps hardware, like the hard drive or something. Maybe its lost some data due to not working for a couple of months, and thats why the BAT ALM is on.

Im not sure where to start with this one, hoping you have some tips on what could it be.
Thanks, Marko.