586,655 active members*
3,256 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Strong support from Bobcad

Post Strong support from Bobcad

I don't know how others feel, but to me, since Al DePoalo has put his help onto this forum, I have watched video's and learnt a lot from his posts.

I also agree that there are many others whose help I have asked for and received, but to me, if BobCad doesn't increase sales by Al DePoalo's input on this forum, then not much else will

A big plus for Al DePoalo's

Regards
    Nivlek

Well Said

Couldnt agree more. In the past mention BobCAD and all you heard was tales of the constant barrage of calls from the sales team trying to push you into buying it. Al has done a lot to offset that and provide help and solutions and I think that has made a huge difference to the way BobCAD is now perceived.

Hood

Al's presence in the forums has made a positive impact and I think the sales team has dialed back the calls a bit. At least my experience is if I download a new release demo, I get one follow up call from the sales department and no more. Really, they can't be expected not to follow up on a possible sale, so I don't see how that could be perceived as aggressive. I think the one thing they may do is call multiple times if you don't answer their call, so maybe they could leave a message the first time and leave it at that. Otherwise, the videos Al provides are helpful and his contributions/interactions are always positive.

Another thing is that since about the same time as Al started showing up, it seems that the product has also made considerable strides. If it were still like it was at V21, I'm not sure there would be a whole lot he could do to make it seem any better than it was, which isn't even a shadow of where it is now IMHO. It seems like Bobcad as a whole is maturing.

Al's online posts are diluting a lot of posts that were made during the earlier versions of Bobcad that apparently had a lot of problems. Being on the more inexpensive side, it attracts a lot of new folks who probably have gone through sticker shock when pricing out CAD/CAM packages (like myself). Given that that almost any CAD/CAM package has a pretty hefty learning curve, I can see why they are a target for online complaints when someone underestimates the effort in learning any CAD/CAM package. I can't think of anything better that BobCad could do than what Al is doing for them now. Having the online exchanges where people are getting helped and being informed is by far the best advertising you could have. I've talked to Al on the phone and got to meet with him briefly at the Springfield, MA EASTEC conference this year and have told multiple BobCad sales people that I think what Al is doing is great. I too have been through several of his videos and found them helpful.

I bought V24 back in 2011 and made the mistake of actually calling them first without realizing the aggressive reputation of the sales people. Overall I was happy with the deal I eventually got and am just honest with subsequent pushy salesman about how the next deal just isn't right for me at the time. I didn't get a machine till last year and have since upgraded to V25 with Std Rotary and am pretty happy with the stability of build 996. Just this week I was sold the training package for the 4th axis standard (which I didn't even know it existed) since I have spent a fair amount of time getting familiar with it. I found having the original V24 training videos, and subsequently, the V25 training videos invaluable for learning. Overall, I'm pretty impressed with the amount of capability in the BobCad/BobArt/Rotary package.

So Al's efforts along with a great improvement in their product should hopefully assure a bright future for the company. I wish them well.

I am sorry if I embarrassed Al DePoalo, directly or indirectly by talking about him, but I was only stating my opinion about BobCad.

There are other people on this forum who have supported BobCad, maybe because they believed in BobCad and they liked the program. We should not forget those people. They were the ones , before Al Depoalo. They were the ones who copped the flack and stood up for BobCad.

My previous comments, were more aimed at BobCad and how customer support is unbelievable now and that all goes to the person working at BobCad called Al Depoalo.

Regards
    Nivlek

one thing is true... many folks believe because cam program open same window than a card game, so they re thinking it might same easy :-)

I too have received very good support from BobCad and especially Al! I know there are other very capable individuals there as well though, including Sean who help me the other day.

I know everyone wants to get out on the cheap but if you are just learning the program, premium support is worth its weight in gold. With priority call back you will get a very quick response with most likely a resolution to your problem. This advances the job and makes you more money. I plan on doing everything I can to support the company from now on. If BobCad has more subscriptions the program will continue to grow and at an even faster rate.

Here is my thanks to everyone that keeps BobCad ticking including those on this forum, Forrest

I downloaded a trial back in 2008 and still get about 6 calls a year

Ironically enough, you downloaded a trial in 2008 and still post about it 6 times a year in the BobCAD forum

Quote Originally Posted by SBC Cycle View Post
    Ironically enough, you downloaded a trial in 2008 and still post about it 6 times a year in the BobCAD forum

Spam Man

Yes every time I get contacted

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Couldnt agree more. In the past mention BobCAD and all you heard was tales of the constant barrage of calls from the sales team trying to push you into buying it.
    Hood
    Funny you mention that i saw bobcad on the caller id this morning, a mere minute after they were told by our production manager that were not interested,
    they called back asking for our plant manager,
    CHOCLATE? THIS IS DOODOO BABY!