586,612 active members*
3,682 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > help with predator backplotting

help with predator backplotting

sometime when I open a file in predator, the backplot feature is not always available? most of the time it is.

If I open the Predator from my desk top Icon backplot is never available it is only available if I open it when in Bobcad thru Bobcad Whats with that????

thanks RAF. I didnt realize that? but I went and tried it a few times. always opens thru bobcad

This was discussed a while back.

The Pred that comes 'free' with Bob is a cut down version and will only officially run through Bob.
    V25, Dell T3700 Xeon, 16GB, Nvidia 4000, Win 7 64bit 2 x 22" Dell Monitors.
    Moulds completed: 130

As far as I know the version that Backplots is a upgrade and is not free But if it is I would love to get a refund from Bobcad right
    The version (level 1) that is on my desktop that is put there by default when Bobcad was loaded will open and edit any text file but it will not Backplot at least not for me.

Backplot is an upgrade.It costs extra $. Backplot is available in level 2 or 3 of Preditor.

Predator is installed. The "full blown predator"... It runs in "free mode" unless licensed for more. The "licensing" comes from BobCad. Launching Predator "through BobCad" will activate the license installed for what you have. You could purchase a standalone license from predator-software. I think there like $3500.00. Then use the licensing manager to specify which one to use: C:\Program Files (x86)\Predator Software\Editor 7.0\EditorLicensingMgr.exe

The "BobCad integrated" version needs to be launched from BobCad.

Jrmack

Does yours Backplot in a stand alone version without be opened through Bobcad???

Thanks BurrMan
    You beat my last post
    Roger

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    Predator is installed. The "full blown predator"... It runs in "free mode" unless licensed for more. The "licensing" comes from BobCad. Launching Predator "through BobCad" will activate the license installed for what you have. You could purchase a standalone license from predator-software. I think there like $3500.00. Then use the licensing manager to specify which one to use: C:\Program Files (x86)\Predator Software\Editor 7.0\EditorLicensingMgr.exe

The "BobCad integrated" version needs to be launched from BobCad.

Burr,are you sure about needing to open thru BoB to read license ?.If I have a properly made .nc or .txt file with the preditor header,I can just open preditor/file open then I can backplot or edit without opening BoB. Or am I mis-understanding something here ?

Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    Burr,are you sure about needing to open thru BoB to read license ?.If I have a properly made .nc or .txt file with the preditor header,I can just open preditor/file open then I can backplot or edit without opening BoB. Or am I mis-understanding something here ?
    Maybe you are refering to V23 and a dongle? I think the licensing was handled a little different with that and there hasnt been a transition with that regard to the new Online/activation licensing scheme.

So, "While BobCad is running?" This works for me too.

Fresh start of computer, open Predator? Unlicensed. V25 = Start BobCad, open predator licensed from predator icon. V23 = Cant launch predator licensed without BobCad.

Burr,are you sure
    I'm just speculating.

I got a Dongle/V 23,,,,,,,,,,,those were the days !!!!!!

I got 2 V22 Dongles and 1 V23 Dongle. If those programs were as good as V25 I might havesomething!!!!!!:wee:
    But you know at the time they were pretty advanced compared to V17 and V18.
    Bobcad sure has made some good progress.