586,119 active members*
3,644 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

which plasma for a 4x4 fab shop

I work for a small 4x4 fabrication shop in central CA, and we are doing more and more projects that are making it into magazines and such. I have gotten my boss hooked on cnc plasma cut parts and we are getting something done almost ever other day from a local machine shop. We want to expand and start doing all our bracket and stuff, but the time delay between ordering and recieving is killing us, so I have convinced him that for under 10000 we can get one in the shop. I am looking at the torchmate 4x4, the practical CNC 4x4, and really need some advice on which cutter to get. I dont want a kit, I want it to come assembeled and tested. I like the practical CNC one best I think. For 9500 you get 4x4, software, and auto height control. Any other companies that can do better than that? What are your personal experiances

Be aware that their ATHC does not work. I have made a nice sum of money helping PCNC owners get their tables to work properly. In my opinion they sell a kit and call it A&T. It arrives in pieces and you have some "light" assembly to do. Better surf the net and get more information on the PCNC unit. There is a lot of unhappy customers. The Torchmate is a better unit but their "smart" motors force you to use their controller software. It's all or nothing with that design.

I think you need to do a little more research before you plunk do 10K of your hard-earned money.

Post questions on the independent CNCPLASMACUTTING yahoo form. Real users.

Tom Caudle
    www.candcnc.com