586,121 active members*
3,343 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > MastercamX and small K2 CNC router
Page 1 of 2 12

MastercamX and small K2 CNC router

I have a simple 3d drawling I made in solidworks. I don’t have mastercamx. But I know a shop that will let me on the weekends use it at there shop. Would someone be kind enough to take this drawing and set it up in mastercamx so I could generate gcode so I could use it with Mach2 at home on my small K2 25X14 cnc with porter cable ¼ router. This way I could look at it when I’m at the shop and try to understand how to use mastercam. The guys there don't seem to want to help. The shop always needs help from time to time. That way I could work there part time and be able to help out. And make money.
    Thanks

Sorry sent the wrong file type for mastercam. This one will work.
    Attached Files Attached Files

just tried to open file in Bobcad version 21 that will open this file type but no go try e-mailing it to me and I will be more than happy to do it for you if you needs some code will also do for you if you want but if you can save file as either a dxf iges or .stl mastercam will open

[email protected]

here a sample tool path of your part less than 3 min. to program in Bobcad on tool .125 end mill .03 step over this will just show a 3d path to give you idea what it look like

This is just a plate with holes?
    What do you need mastercam for?
    Lakeside, why would you try to use 3d for this?

Jon

what you people do know is he just send me the file and has not yet answer if he want to just mil the hole or do the frame ect when he e-mail me back then I'll know what he wants right now I'm just playing around I see a lot of negitive coment on this site about Bobcad and some of it is well earned but how much is mastercam vs. Bobcad the only real differnce between the to is the tool mangement tree in mastercam anyways

Mastercamx

I was just wanting to learn how to use mastercamx. Since they already have it. I thought if I could see the layout of it in mastercam I could hopely understand it.
    Thanks

Regaurdless how much I dislike bobcad, you told it to do that opperaton that will likely take hours and give bad results.

What you want to do is extract the edges of that hole and tell it to mill around the inside of them, first you want to drill all the 1/4" holes then mill them.

This job is a very simple hand programming job, a couple g83's and g12 or g13s

Jon

Personal and don’t get upset with this but a 20 old eng. student does not have the knowledge to be able to have a valid opinion and this person is trying to learn something

tell mr eng what do you use G12 and G13 for at your school

Imo, MasterCAM is not something you can just easily learn how to use. It has one of the steepest learning curves I've seen. And why would you spend $10K on MasterCAM to use on your K2?

And Lakseside, I agree with Jon. Although I wouldn't hand code it.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

MastercamX

That is what they have at the shop. I just wanted to learn what they have.
    Thanks

yes this is easy to hand code and you can't see the e-mail between us someone may have been asking some question that you don't see personally I will not hand code a thing but when you first start you should learn to hand code and then you will never do that again for anything I hate - sign and . And G and F ect ect ect

Ok Mr. Nose Picker, just go ahead and run that program and see if it makes any sence about 2hours into it.

About programming with mastercam, I havent personally messed with it but Im sure theres some drilling feature which you would likely want to use with the 1/4" holes, because its such a high rpm spindle, you'll likely want to just punch those holes with an end mill then go on to milling the pockets. You could then either select the hole surface or extract an edge or use an edge to pocket out those holes(I havent messed with the program nor too thoroughly messed with others). but basicly these opperations are relatively.

Im going to suggest you either have an indicator to indicate the center hole for milling the back side or use some sort of a stop..

Jon

nozepicker is his occupation in his profile, got to fit stupidity with stupidity you know

Quote Originally Posted by JFettig
    nozepicker is his occupation in his profile, got to fit stupidity with stupidity you know
    just rember you can pick your friends but you can't pick your friends nose

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside
    just rember you can pick your friends but you can't pick your friends nose
    Why not??
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

well you know now a days with second hand snot and all some state have outlawed it i think

ive totally seen people picking one another's noses...
    Design & Development
    My Portfolio: www.robertguyser.com | CAD Blog I Contribute to: http://www.jeffcad.info

Yes but was that before all the health risk of second hand snot was known in some towns they no longer allow you to pick your own nose in public

Here Try This

MastercamX

Could someone you look at this file of mine an tell me what I'm doing wrong. I would love to get into this if I can.
    Thanks Ed

Page 1 of 2 12