586,032 active members*
3,010 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Camsoft and windows versions

Hi All,

If you had a choice to run camsoft on a specific windows version which would it be? Or in other words what is the most reliable setup. Reason I'm asking is I seem to have some problems with some WAITUNTIL commands to do with I/O and STOP of motion on axis. I am currently running on windows 7 32bit

thanks

I use XP SP1 stripped down with all unnecessary software removed. NOT connected to the internet so the OS can't call home. In my case the computer is on the network but MAC ID blocking is used at the router.

The one downside is the Camsoft editor needs service pack 2 to run, so no Camosft editor for me.

I also use only one model computer with identical hardware setups down to galil and adlink cards in same slot locations. Then multiple clones of the hard drive and spare computers all set to go. If trouble is suspected, a "brain transplant" takes ten minutes.

Karl

I seem to have all kinds of little glitches, there is a macro of which at the end ill turn of a output but it does not actually turn off. There are times where it does not care about x or y command where at other times it does. I can see this software working well on a Mill or a Lathe, but anything else im not so sure off.

Haven't seen your installation but I'll BET you have hardware and wiring problems. Or possibly, poorly written macros.

This software is rock solid and dependable. I've been using it since 2002 and suspected software many times. I was always wrong.

Karl

If i put in a macro #57=0 (#57 being an output on a contec card) I would expect that to turn off but it does not I can't believe that has to do with crappy macro writing. or for instance

IF #1=1 THEN MACHGO -2;;;

#1 being an input directly to the galil card this time, you would think that if input 1 was active it would move -2 on the x axis, however it does not do it.

as far as wiring or hardware goes, i can see all these input and outputs in the diag section of the software.

xjdubber,

#57=0
    Is correctly written and guaranteed to work. The problem is somewhere else.

Is missing the FEEDRATE

Tech Support
    CamSoft Corp.
    [email protected]
    PH 951-674-8100
    Fax 951-674-3110
    PC Based CNC Control For The Machine Tool CNC Retrofit And CNC Controller OEM Market

- - - Updated - - -

xjdubber,

#57=0
    Is correctly written and guaranteed to work. The problem is somewhere else.

Is missing the FEEDRATE

Tech Support
    CamSoft Corp.
    [email protected]
    PH 951-674-8100
    Fax 951-674-3110
    www.cnccontrols.com
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I have feedrate's specified in STARTUP.FIL ,and in my homing routine's. the #57=0 is at the end of a macro and really does not turn off, I had the to put it in the begining of the same macro to ensure it would turn off which is odd. I ended up putting this at the end of the MACRO

#57=0
    WAITUNTIL #57=0

this fixed this problem, while not a problem putting in the extra waituntil it is odd and worries me that the system should not turn of this output when told to.

as you know I'am working on the conversion of a strippit 1000/xp20

My major problem now consist of the C axis which controls two different (or three depending on how you look at it) entities on the machine. It changes rotation of indexable tools but also has the option to select a a diffrent tool (this is the multitool option up to 32 diffrent tools within one turret station) and change its rotational position. my solution to this was,

use the c axis to select the multitool (this includes setting a pin in place by air cylinder that holds a part of turret station alowing selection of diffrent tools)
    once tool was selected store the position to a variable
    reset home on C axis to zero

this way if the c axis needed to be indexed it could be done from zero position making it easier to keep track of axis position.

once the tool was to be put away all this would be reversed, this seemed like a good solution however setting the machzero on the c axis I discovered could not be done while there was coordinated motion. (galil eror told me this). thus my solution to this was very simple

:MOTION
    WAITUNTIL STOP 1;\501
    WAITUNTIL STOP 2;\502
    WAITUNTIL STOP 3;\503
    WAITUNTIL STOP 4;\504

IF \501=1 THEN GOTO :MOTION
    IF \502=1 THEN GOTO :MOTION
    IF \503=1 THEN GOTO :MOTION
    IF \504=1 THEN GOTO :MOTION

MACHZERO ;;0

I would think this would have worked but still I get a galil eror that basically tells me that this is an invalid move while there is coordinated motion using a simple waituntil stop does the same.

this has been a major problem for me for the rest I think i have pretty much everything worked out

xjdubber,

Actually we don't know what you're working on or who you are.

There is no need to use WAITUNTIL #57=0. And because you needed to, this means there is something else coming into play. There is more from what you said that bothers us. You should not be getting Galil errors and motion using MACHGO -2;;; with a FEEDRATE should move the 1st motor rather than the C axis. Besides the code you listed above has some minor syntax errors.

This is too complicated to answer in a chat room. We recommend you contact your dealer or CamSoft to follow up on this.

Tech Support
    CamSoft Corp.
    [email protected]
    PH 951-674-8100
    Fax 951-674-3110
    PC Based CNC Control For The Machine Tool CNC Retrofit And CNC Controller OEM Market
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I'm sorry to assume you might have remembered the few telephone conversations we had and also some here. Either way as I said in my previous post the other issues I had have been resolved. My major problem right now is keeping track of C axis moves which in a sense moves two different axis with one motor. I did not post here just to get your opinion but also of the users of your product. We were sold this product by you directly and told that this had been used to convert many Strippit cnc punching machines and while this may be so the option that we specifically were worried about was multitool, which does not work.

xjdubber,

There are a few of us here that handle tech support. We each deal with several thousand customers from around the world.
    Our database does not show xjdubber. We even checked for mis-spellings of it. The notes show over 50 Strippits.

Possibly others maybe able to help with your remaining multitool issue. We realize that people post here to get others help, so we try not to intervene unless it's warranted. While you may get your answer for multitool here you have other more concerning issues that you may need our help with and while you may have already solved them, there maybe more difficult questions that come later.

We hear you, when you say the remaining pressing issue at the moment is multitool. We can confirm that multitool on a Strippit Punch does work. The greatest number of tools being 330 in 3 separate outer, middle and inter rings on a Turret Punch Press up to 8 axis on multiple stations. Multitool is an advanced topic and our definition maybe different that yours. We are willing and able to provide whatever is required which maybe customize for you.

You may say, you can't get Multitool to work but please don't say Multitool doesn't work if you want our help.

Tech Support
    CamSoft Corp.
    [email protected]
    PH 951-674-8100
    Fax 951-674-3110