586,106 active members*
2,978 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Need help.

Angry Need help.

VMC15 computer crashed tonight. First time since new 11 years ago.
    Screen reads "You must enter the backlash table. Jog axes to home then enter the CS command. No parameters or parameters corrupted. you must enter the setp command. Press any key to continue."
    Jog handle drives xyz axes no problem. No keys respond on keyboard except jog key. Coolant turns on when space bar (?) is pressed. Basically can't do a cold start now, but did do a cold start on startup. All happened when editing a program, have not run machine in about two months prior to this. Severely bumming out...any help?

Fadal

hello
    can u tell me what problem u r facing exectally in cold start
    and what hapened to ur machine

u are telling that ur machine gives u massage(You must enter the backlash table. Jog axes to home then enter the CS command. No parameters or parameters corrupted. you must enter the setp command. Press any key to continue.")
    am i right

88hs crashed

It's like my machine's computer crashed. I cannot get to the CS page, or any other page for that matter. It basically sees nothing but the lines of the originally posted message each time I shut off the main power and press the green cnc power button. The control is for all intents inoperable. The handwheel does move the machine in x, y, and z.

Computer Interface Board

Anyone experienced problems with their CIB? Service tech has narrowed it down to pulling a few boards, letting the capacitors discharge, and reinstalling the boards. Supposed to be an led on the edge of board in slot 8 (?). Don't recall if the led is working or not. Think not.
    Anyone have this problem?

All set now

using pin jumper, entered diagnostics and restored the memory

for next time
    no need to discharge capacitor
    type in manual G0 3000
    then space bar for page 2
    then hit 5 for cleaning memory
    shut down the machine
    put back electric
    open the pendant door there is written all the parmeter
    and backlass
    type in manual setp
    and enter the parameter
    then type in manual bl enter bl,1,and the amounts
    type setto for seting the tool change
    shut down then open
    and you are back to work

pin jumper

I did resolve the situation by jumping pins J2 on card in slot 5. (Interface board). This enabled me to get to the diagnostics page, restore the memory, shut down the machine, remove the jumper, restart the machine and get to the setp page. From there things went smoothly except for one small thing. The spindle type for the parameters was not recorded properly on the sheet in the back of the pendant control. Also, changes to the parameters do not take effect until the machine is shutdown and restarted. Do you think your method will work instead of the above? None of the keys functioned until the memory was reset. The above info is my own machine.
    I work for Ophir Optics Inc. Ever heard of them?
    Thanks.