586,060 active members*
4,091 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Stepper Motors / Drives > Need Help Making Connections With Haoyu TB6600 and a Sainsmart Breakout

Need Help Making Connections With Haoyu TB6600 and a Sainsmart Breakout

Hi, I have a 5 axis Sainsmart breakout board and would like to wire it to my haoyu tb6600 stepper driver. But I'm new to this setup and I am not sure how to make the connections. I mainly do not understand how to wire up the CLK+, CLK-, DIR+, DIR-, EN+ and EN-. Any help would be appreciated and I will post links to the products i have below for reference.

SainSmart 5 Axis Breakout Board for Stepper Motor Driver CNC Mill*Blue* SainSmart
    TB6600 1 axis Stepper Motor 2-phase Driver Board for CNC Router [HY-TB6600-Module] - US $20.00 : HAOYU Electronics : Make Engineers Job Easier

Quote Originally Posted by nlh205 View Post
    Hi, I have a 5 axis Sainsmart breakout board and would like to wire it to my haoyu tb6600 stepper driver. But I'm new to this setup and I am not sure how to make the connections. I mainly do not understand how to wire up the CLK+, CLK-, DIR+, DIR-, EN+ and EN-. Any help would be appreciated and I will post links to the products i have below for reference.

SainSmart 5 Axis Breakout Board for Stepper Motor Driver CNC Mill*Blue* SainSmart
    TB6600 1 axis Stepper Motor 2-phase Driver Board for CNC Router [HY-TB6600-Module] - US $20.00 : HAOYU Electronics : Make Engineers Job Easier
    nlh205

This should help,

Jeff...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BOB Wiring.jpg  
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Thanks for the response Jeff. But i have figured it out but the motor is just staying energized and squeezing. Thanks.

This driver is quirky in that you need to apply 5V across the enable opto isolator to disable it.

Thanks. I applied the voltage and it stopped the motor forming being energized but there is still no control from the pc. I have CLK+ gone to pin 2, DIR+ gone to pin 3, CLK- and DIR- together and gone to pin 14. In Mach3 I have the x axis set up from pin 2 and pin 3 AND then pin 14 setup to the x axis enable. Does these connections seem right? Thanks.

Leave EN disconnected for the moment - its only purpose is to turn the driver off.

But you'll need to connect CLK-, DIR- to ground (0V) not to pin 14.

So it's been awhile since I have been at my cnc. But i'm back at it and still having some trouble. I have a mach3 system and i know its working correctly because i have tested it with the meter and all actions seem fine. So that shouldn't be a problem. I have a 13.8V power supply for the motors and I will post a link to the motors I have below. I will also post a image of the wiring. So the right to the problem, Lol. I only have once axis setup and testing and when I jog in mach3 the run light on the haoyu tb6600 will turn green, but no motor movement. I have tried it with EN+, EN- left out and also with 5V applied. Still no movement. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank You.

Attachment 228582
    Nema 17 Motor:https://solarbotics.com/product/33600/
    Other component links are already posted in this thread.

Re: Need Help Making Connections With Haoyu TB6600 and a Sainsmart Breakout

Hi,
    I am just testing the Haoyu driver in my test environment.
    My wiring is comparable to yours, besides that I am using an Arduino running GRBL attached via USB at my laptop.
    This is just for testing purposes to verify that the driver works as expected.
    So I have attached Arduino GND to STEP- and DIR- connected Arduino DIR+ to DIR+ and Arduino STEP+ to CLK+ on the TB6564 driver board. First I had also wired EN- to Arduino Ground. But it was no difference, if any of the EN are connected or not.

As soon as the driver is powered up (33V on my variable regulated power supply) it drives some current to the motor to give it initial holding torque. Then I send some jogging pulses to the driver via GRBL Panel software and the motor turns. Currently I am testing the right settings as the motor sometimes turns the wrong way round. Seems to be an issue with the right pulse and delay width, acceleration, max speed etc.
    As it is the first time dealing with GRBL, I am still in trial and error mode ;-).

But the motor has initial torque (Nema 17, 33 V, draws 130 mA while not getting steps and around 600-800 mA turning at high speed). I am testing with 1/4 microstepping and current limited on the board to 1.2 A.

Maybe that helps?