Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Surfcam > SURFCAM 2014 R1
Page 1 of 2 12

SURFCAM 2014 R1

New version is coming!!!

News Articles - Adaptive Roughing With Next SURFCAM

Adaptive Roughing With Next SURFCAM

Visitors to the EMO exhibition in Hannover, Germany, between September 16th and 21st, will have a preview of the forthcoming SURFCAM 2014 R1 – SURFCAM’s first major release since becoming part of the Vero Software group at the start of the year.

SURFCAM is a powerful 3D CAM solution that achieves the balance between feature sets and ease of use. This new version, on show at booth H42 in Hall 25, will include Adaptive Roughing technology as well as multiple enhancements designed to deliver additional ease of use and control in Masking, Chaining, Operations Manager and Layering functionality.

The latest release will also provide users complete control over their licensing via the web, with the new SURFCAM Customer Portal. Updated and additional CAD translators, postprocessors and editNC are also included in the release at no additional cost to customers.

Surfcam, Inc. will also be introducing its new, cost effective, 3D modelling solution, Part Modeler. A tool specifically designed for quick and simple construction and modification of solid models with fully associative drafting capabilities.

SURFCAM continues to be an affordable and competitive solution for 2D and 3D modelling, and features easy to use CNC programming for 2-, 3-, 4-, and 5-axis machining. SURFCAM products have been installed on more than 26,000 systems worldwide during the past 25 years. In that time, SURFCAM has grown to support 15 languages and has gained an outstanding reputation for training and providing the highest level of technical support to its customer base.

SURFCAM – Booth H42, Hall 25

I can say this version is great, I am Excited for it to be released! The improvement to Chaining alone is worth the update!

When we can access to test version?

Sent by GT-I9195

Any hints to when we might see it????

News Articles - SURFCAM Sees Success Under Vero's Leadership

"SURFCAM Software and Product:
    The May 2013 release of SURFCAM 6 R2 has been a great success based on the feedback from the user community. R2 was the first release of SURFCAM software under the direction of Vero software which was delivered a short 3 months after the acquisition. SURFCAM continues with an aggressive development plan committing to having 2 releases of SURFCAM a year. Coming along with the next release will be the new web-based Customer Portal where customers will be able to manage and control their system licenses. SURFCAM will also be adding a brand new 3D Solid Modeling package this year to its product suite. Part Modeler is a cad tool specifically designed for quick and simple construction and modification of solid models with fully associative drafting capabilities.

To guide future product development, a steering committee held its initial meeting in Atlanta this year as well. The committee comprises a group of resellers who agree the direction and content of the product roadmap. The first meeting took place in June 2013, resulting in setting the direction and determining the content for SURFCAM 2014 R1 to be released in October 2013.
    ."

Does anyone receive the beta version for testing?

Quote Originally Posted by forjaco View Post
    Does anyone receive the beta version for testing?
    You can ask your local reseller to find if you may apply to be a beta tester.
    Mario

Quote Originally Posted by mariojl View Post
    Mario
    I already ask, but I think that beta isn't come out.

Quote Originally Posted by forjaco View Post
    I already ask, but I think that beta isn't come out.
    Beta has been available to beta users since 08/29/13
    Mario

Quote Originally Posted by mariojl View Post
    Mario
    What is needed to be beta tester?

As stated before, your local reseller has the answer.
    Mario

delete

Is out

My .02

Well… It may be too late. I’ve used every version of Surfcam for the past 17 years and with every version it just got farther and farther behind where it should have been today. Just finished a huge job that took 3 months to complete and every day I went home with a huge headache. The frustration level was off the charts. I haven’t seen this new version yet but if they haven’t done a major remake of the interface I’m afraid there is no hope left for this program. There is some really good things in the program but getting to them can drive one to the funny farm. Especially today where newer operating systems could have made things in Surfcam much more user friendly. Yet they have chosen to ignore the obvious.

I understand you. I use surfcam since version 6.1 about 15 years, now I use the version 6, and this version is a headache . Surfcam was the best, but now it left behind. I expect that vero purchase change the way and we can have more.

Quote Originally Posted by moldcore View Post
    Well… It may be too late. I’ve used every version of Surfcam for the past 17 years and with every version it just got farther and farther behind where it should have been today. Just finished a huge job that took 3 months to complete and every day I went home with a huge headache. The frustration level was off the charts. I haven’t seen this new version yet but if they haven’t done a major remake of the interface I’m afraid there is no hope left for this program. There is some really good things in the program but getting to them can drive one to the funny farm. Especially today where newer operating systems could have made things in Surfcam much more user friendly. Yet they have chosen to ignore the obvious.
    I'm in the same boat. I bought our first seat in 1996. We had some simple 3d work and at the time, Surfcam was so good. Move forward to today. We are replacing our verticals with 4 and 5 axis machines. It is becoming apparent that we can't get code generated fast enough anymore. Our maintenance has stayed current all these years and I am sure hoping things change quick with Surfcam. If not I'm going to be forced to look elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone is using Surfcam 2014 yet. The Surfcam support people told me last month that it has been released but they are rolling it out slowly because of the new license scheme. I'm not sure what that is supposed to mean, as usual they are less than forthcoming with any information.

Their site says nothing, which is also as usual. It seems like the more things change the more they stay the same... :stickpoke

Im not!
    I even asked my dealer to test version, and he replied that he sent me because he said the trial had many errors.
    What I think is that the 2014 version still has some bugs, so it is not yet distributed.

EDIT:

According to a US dealer

Attachment 210262

Other info from other US dealer

SURFCAM 2014 R1 b148 will ship to all Users with a Maintenance Contract Expiration Date of 07/31/2013 or greater.
    You can check your Maintenance Expiration Date by opening SURFCAM and clicking Help | About SURFCAM.
    Utilities
    New Support Assistant
    Functionality
    Improved Layer control
    Enhanced Masking control
    Chaining Undo functionality
    Operations Manager multi-select support
    Toolpath Generation
    New Adaptive Roughing – HSM Roughing
    CAD Translators Updated
    SolidWorks Parts (.prt, .sldprt) Version from 1998 – 2013
    SolidWorks Assembly (.sldasm) Version from 1998 – 2013
    SolidWorks via ACIS (.sldprt, .sldasm) Version from 1998 – 2013
    Part Modeler (.pmod) Version from AD3S – Part Modeler 2014 R1
    SpaceClaim (.scdoc) Version from 2012 – 2013
    Autocad DWG (.dwg) Version up to 2013
    Autocad DXF (.dxf) Version up to 2013
    IGES (.igs, .iges) – Version up to 5.3
    STEP(.step, .stp) Version AP203 & AP214 (Geometry Only) – NOW STANDARD
    ACIS (.sat, .asat, .asab, .sab) Version from ACIS 1.0 – ACIS R24
    Parasolid (.x_t, .x_b) Version from bin 10 – 24.1.0
    Solid Edge (.par) Version up to ST6
    VDA-FS (.vda) Version from 1.0 & 2.0
    Rhino (.3dm) Version up to V5
    Mastercam (.mc, .mcx) Version from 8 – X7
    Optional File Types:
    CATIA V4 (.model, .exp, .session) Version from CATIA 4.1.9 – CATIA 4.2.4
    CATIA V5/V6 (.CATPart, .CATProduct) Version from R2-R21 & CATIA V6 R2013
    Inventor (.ipt, .iam) Version from 6 – 11, Version from 2008 – 2013
    ProEngineer/Wildfire/Creo (.prt, .prt.*, .asm, .asm.*) Version from 16 – Wildfire 5 – Creo Version 2
    Unigraphics/NX (.prt) Version from 11 to 18, Version NX to NX8.5
    Post Processing
    Updated Mpost Templates
    Updated Spost Engine
    Editor
    Updated EditNC
    CLS License Required

BUILDING HISTORY

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	history.PNG 
Views:	2 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	210264

I am running the release candidate of Surfcam 2014 R1. I had access to the download because I was a beta tester. So far, it has been working great for me.

Quote Originally Posted by axleech View Post
    I am running the release candidate of Surfcam 2014 R1. I had access to the download because I was a beta tester. So far, it has been working great for me.
    Did you test New Adaptive Roughing – HSM Roughing?
    Works good?

Page 1 of 2 12