586,094 active members*
4,137 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Niagara HPS150 with GE Fanuc IC600 - won't enter run mode

Question Niagara HPS150 with GE Fanuc IC600 - won't enter run mode

Attachment 197190
    I have this machine that is run by a PLC controller. It's quite old but hasn't had any problems until recently. There was a power outage and now the PLC won't go into run mode. The lights for all the boards at lit, but the run light won't go on. I have tried reseating all the boards, and switching to stop then back to run mode. Does anyone have any experience with these controllers? Is there anything I can do to get it back into run mode? The screen runs through it's diagnostic and then just stays blank.

The PLC went in STOP Mode , Check the PLC Data , Reset the PLC ,

Could you be more specific on how to check the PLC Data and how to reset the PLC? I'm very new to this type of machine.

RUN Light on Or Off ? If off than CPU is in stop mode. and what about the CHECK Lit it is on or OFF ? If the Run Light is off The major cause is = CPU self-test has not passed within 300 ms *50 ms, or user program takes longer than 300 ms to execute. CPU goes to STOP mode and I/O chain is reset.On The I/O Board there is a hardware Button of Reset you can reset the I/O from there. If at any time when the CPU is switched to the RUN mode, it drops out of RUN on a memory parity error, most likely the communication ports are locked out. To reset the ports, turn the RUN/STOP keyswitch to STOP, power-down the CPU and power-up again.

Corrective Action
    l Check the position of the RUN/STOP key switch, See step (1).
    l Check the condition of other status lights (PARITY, BATTERY, CHAIN OK, CHECK
    and POWER).
    l If no other problem is indicated, try restarting the CPU with the Workmaster
    computer or CPU key switch.
    0 Ensure that the short length of ribbon cable connecting the Arithmetic Control and
    Logic Control modules is securely connected. L
    l Reset the Arithmetic Control and/or the Logic Control modules.
    l If reseating does not solve the problem, replace the two modules, one at a time

the run light is off. here is a pic of the plc itself.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1040565.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	151.2 KB 
ID:	197414

I don't know where the reset button is on the I/O board. There is an Aux I/O board and an I/O con board