586,096 active members*
3,588 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Home/Limit on same switch?

I have been searching for diagrams/schematics for limit switch wiring and I have not had any luck.

I want to share a switch on each axis for home and limit. I've read all the threads about wiring all the limit switches in series NC and such, but I'm not
    picturing how the wiring looks when sharing a switch for both home and limit.

I will be using Mach3 and I assume the software knows how to determine when it sees home or a limit on the same switch by which process is running at the time.

The best guess I can make at this point is that I would wire a single switch
    on each axis to its own pin and the reamaining switches would tie together in series on a single pin?

I think my main hangup is--how does Mach distinguish a home signal from a limit signal when sharing a switch?

Anyone care to share?

Thanks,
    Daniel

When using the homing, mach disables the limiting system. After the homing is all done it will enable the limits and disable the homing system.

So all you have to do is hook all 3(?) switchs to ground(safer thisway) or +5 when triggered. Hook them into one input pin.

You can hook them into 3 inputs and doing it this way i think will allow it to home all 3 at the same time. but not 100% sure about that. I just hooked mine into 1 pin as you're really limited on inputs unless you add another p-port.