586,070 active members*
3,543 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Losing location when switching views?

I am having a problem, and am not sure where to look.. I seem to have problems with changing the view in ANY way at times when runiing MACH3. If i zoom in, love the drawing in ythe preview window, switch tabs (i.e.. switch to the TOOLPATH tab).. any of these at times will seem to cause my system to lose its proper location. Any movement it is making when i change the view seems to be lost, ad thus the current location is offset by whatever move was made while i was switching or changing the view.

My system is a AMD Duron 1.2GHz, 256MB or RAM.

should i be looking at backgroun tasks, or what? I would hate to have to completely reformat, but will if that is my best bet..

My system resources (TASK MANAGER) show my system running at 100% when MACH3 is running.. should it be this high?

Appreciate any suggestions..

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by esmiller
    My system resources (TASK MANAGER) show my system running at 100% when MACH3 is running.. should it be this high?

Eddie
    IS YOU PART AT X Y Z ZERO YOU MAY LOST SITE WHEN SWICTHING VEIWS
    TASK MRG. SHOWS THAT YOUR SYSTEM IS (NOT GER21 RIGHT WROTE THIS ONE TO QUICK) BEING OVERLOADED

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside
    IS YOU PART AT X Y Z ZERO YOU MAY LOST SITE WHEN SWICTHING VEIWS
    TASK MRG. SHOWS THAT YOUR SYSTEM IS NOT BEING OVERLOADED

Not sure what you are asking.. My file always begins at X0 Y0 Z.2.

If I switch to another tab inside of MACH3 while it is running, or zoom in on the view of the part (the path view window area), it will continue moving the axis(s) it is moving, but wil not recognize the updated position until the view finishes updating.. this is not an ALWAYS factor.. it happens only periodically enough to screw up about 1 out of every 4 or 5 cuts or so .. Could this be caused by some sort of background task?

I do always run a wireless network connection, a virus scanner, and the microsoft Ad-ware scanner .. maybe i need to re-format & re-install totally ???

Eddie

Don't Know Your Software If You Part Was At X15 Y15 You Might Lose The Veiw That Why I Asked Sorry Can Real Help

If you're running at 100%, that's probably the problem. Changing the views is probably using more CPU power than you have.

If all those programs are running in the background, you should disable them when Mach is running. Also make sure your network connection is set to a fixed speed, and not auto.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Possible solution

Quote Originally Posted by ger21
    If you're running at 100%, that's probably the problem. Changing the views is probably using more CPU power than you have.

If all those programs are running in the background, you should disable them when Mach is running. Also make sure your network connection is set to a fixed speed, and not auto.
    Okay.. will set up another account on the machine with all the startups and memory-resident programs disabled, and check my network properties for fixed speed. 10Mbps will do fine since i am only running a USB1.1 wireless lan network adaptor.

Eddie