586,067 active members*
5,116 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > CNC Masters 1440 lathe software upgrade

CNC Masters 1440 lathe software upgrade

I have a new 1440 lathe from CNC Masters. Once the bugs were worked out (limit switches) I have begun to make nice parts. The trouble with their software is lack of conventional G code in threading cycle. G76 = Threading cycle—FORMAT: X_Z_I_K_D_A_P_F_—Z-FINAL DEPTH; X-POSITION OF; I-TAPER; K-TOTAL DEPTH; D-1ST PASS DEPTH;A-THREAD INSERT ANGLE; P-COMPOUND INFEED; F-FEED IPM. No way to program number of spring passes so I'm left with having to run the entire program 2 or three times to finish depth. If the encoder does not burp and leave me with a different Z distance.

I looked high and low for a cnc lathe that can be used manually also and found only this one. Lots of power and heavy enough to turn and work on gun barrels with out too much chatter.

My REAL question: is there a way to introduce a new software to the machine? The 1440 is really a retrofit Chinese gear head lathe with step drive and a spindle encoder.

Re: CNC Masters 1440 lathe software upgrade

I spoke with Omar at CncMasters and he has sent me a updated software with my suggested mod to the threading cycle and drilling cycle with spring pass and more control with the new controller. They have gone out of their way to listen to customer feed back and respond. I still really like this lathe