586,114 active members*
3,179 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > Anyone knows what's this attachment and what's the use??

Anyone knows what's this attachment and what's the use??

I got this attachmenton a auction along with other tooling and stuff.
    Anyone knows what's this for ??
    Please check the picture and let me know if you guys seen anything like this
    Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails attch.jpg  

I think that's a bolt strecher.No it's a board strecher.I think I looked for one of those all day at votech one day.HAHA!

it hard to say with the photo (but i don't think it a bolt strecher it would have the thread reversers if it was) it could be a grinding finger for location or centering gauge or an outridger tool holder if it rotates it could be a radis cutter

That is a hard one to guess at. I was thinking part of a lather tracer attachement. The dovetail and solid build look says something, but the brown color is a throw off.

Sometimes the group that it comes with or was setting near can be a clue. The handles are fairly distinct, I'd imagine.

DC

I do believethat is a steady rest of some sort.

That large dovetail looks like it would attach to a lathe, surface grinder or a mill. Otherwise I have no clue what it is.
    If it's not nailed down, it's mine.
    If I can pry it loose, it's not nailed down.

like everyone said its hard to tell from the photo. It would be more helpfull if you could tell us which way the nobs make everthing move.

But if I had to guess it looks like a radius attachment to make concave/convex radii on a lathe.
    thanks
    Michael T.
    "If you don't stand for something, chances are, you'll fall for anything!"